1750 tourney Results

Darkest Angel

I participated in an eight player tourney yesterday and am glad to say my Deathwing stole the show. I massacred my opponents in all three games and took home first. My list was as follows

Belial

TH + SH

Chaplain

Terminator Armour

Combi melta

Dreadnaught

Plasma Cannon

Power Fist

Flamer

Venerable

Deathwing Squad

Th + SH x5

Cyclone

Apoth

Banner

Deathwing Squad

TH + SH x5

Cyclone

Deathwing Squad

SB + PF x3

LCx1

LC + Cyclone

Deathwing Squad

SB + PF x2

CF + SB + Cyclone

LCx2

Deathwing Squad

SB + PF x2

CF + SB + Cyclone

LCx2

Land Speeder

Melta

Typhoon Launchers

I knocked most transports short of land raiders out first turn and honestly out shot everything i faced at range and out fought them in combat, the only thing I'll change next time is dropping the Chaplain for 2 more typhoons as the typhoon made its points up three fold every game. I'll post pics and Battle reps when i get a chance later tonight. Also Belial's Hammer Squad is a beast no one could stop it! questions comments are welcome!

@FerociousBeast Belial's Squad is very powerful although the chappy i find redundant as belial's Squad hammers anything into submission so I'd really have to give them the mvp.

@Corrupted The dread charged a squad of 8 SM assault termies 5 TH 3 LC, and held them up for 3 turns, killing 3 thunder hammers and breaking them, i got immobilized and shaken a lot, Venerable saved his bacon multiple times that game.

Honestly, idk if i would run all TH+SH the few bolters let you get those few extra wounds that add up, as well as the claws to throw a few I4 attacks. Also I found i lost more termies to 2+ saves than ap1 and 2. I took 2 TH squads as I liked to DW assault belial's squad and the other hammer squad right in the opponents face, forcing them to focus one, letting the other charge almost un-harassed, if they decide to pour fire into belial and company the FNP on top of thier +2 save is ridiculously effective at keeping them alive and if they choose the other squad belials rips them to shreds.

Congratulations for pounding the enemies of the Imperium to dust. Nice list. It combines the firepower of devastator squads with the up-close-and-personal might of the Terminators that can also captrure objectives. Very all rounded.

Conrgats on the successful result ;). 3 massacres is not to be sneezed at. I like the (largely) footslogging list you've used, but recognise the two additional typhoons will give you that extra firepower.

Cheers

I

This is one of my first BR's so go light on me. ><

Game 1:

Match up vs. Necrons

Pitched battle Capture and control. Secondary, HQ assasination

His list;

Lord

3 squads of 10 warriors

2 squads of 3 Wraiths

6 Flayed ones

6 Destroyers

2 squads of 2 heavy destroyers

Monolith.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk177/Azie/DSCN4205.jpg

Basically my plan here was to make him phase out because i stood virtually no chance of hurting the monolith, I deployed the speeder, dread, and 2 squads of termies, 1 on my objective one in a forward position to move up and pressure his lines. I held Belial's, the other TH squad and a random squad in reserve. I got first turn.

Turn one:

I used DW assault with Belial and the other TH squad Belial's I gambled and put him up close to his lord and warrior squad, the other one i deep struck on the other flank a little more conservatively. I shot 2 heavy destroyers down (1 from each squad) other than that nothing else happend.

His turn:

He Well be backed both heavy's, Turbo boosted the destroyers up my right flank and rapid fired Belial's squad with the two warrior squads in range, i fail 4! saves but the apothecary was up to the task and all 4 survived their feel no pain saves. He then charged them with 3 wraiths, he killed no one and i slaughtered them all and slingshot me ever closer to his lord squad.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk177/Azie/DSCN4202.jpg

Turn two:

Everything but my squad on my objective moved up, the dreadnaught spat plasma death at the squad in cover felling 4 i knocked over 3/4 heavy destroyers with all my misses and Belial's squad got stuck in with lord and company, killing everything. But that damned res orb keeping them from staying down.

His turn

the heavy destroyer squad i had eliminated went through the monolith and both came back, while the third stayed down, 4 warriors and the lord got back up. He shot and killed a Terminator on my left flank, and one in Belial's squad, The remaining wraiths charged the squad on the left and got wrecked.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk177/Azie/DSCN4203.jpg

Turn three:

My last squad arrived from reserves and landed in front of his destroyer squad, Belial Turned around to knock the lord and his cronies down again, the left squad moved up again. The newly arrived squad managed to fell no less than 4 destroyers, Belial charged and killed the lord and squad again, while the dreadnaught failed a spectacular difficult terrain roll, witch cost him his charge.

His turn:

The lord stayed down, flayed ones entered play on the right side of the board, and 3/4 destroyers got up. He really didnt do much at this point as his forced were dwindling, but he did manage to kill the dread, and the left squad to 1 man.

Turn Four:

The last termy on the left chraged his full 10 man warrior squad and broke them off the board, while the other squad charged and killed all 6 destroyers in combat, with that he phased out like the good little necron that he was. Here is my Belial sitting on the objective ( my Dark angel vet) at the game end.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk177/Azie/DSCN4204.jpg

Lemmy know if this is written like garbage, or your thoughts game 2 to come soon.

Archived