best scuptling tool(s) for green stuff

amrogers3

I am using old beat up tools for green stuff and need to replace them. I read the FAQ on tools and checked out micro-mark and dickblick but I am still not sure what to buy. I have tried google but to no avail. I would like to know what you guys use in your work.

1. What is the most helpful/useful sculpting or dental tool you have in your arsenal?

2. And anyone used this kit Army Painter Scuplting Tool set?

i myself use the GW sculpting tool, a sharp knife and maybe the odd piece of toothpicks/pins occaisionally(sp?)

Aside from that, you could get some vasaline to lubricate your tools from a chemist but, if your a teenager like myself, that might send out the wrong message...:)

Aside from that, water works as well (not as good though)

My 2 cents

i have a set just like that one and as long as you keep every thing clean and lubricated i.e. Vaseline, waterand my personal preference saliva lol. every thing tends to go well would also pick up some wax carvers nas the guy above stated!

I picked up a fistful of different tools from an agricultural show, I gather they were meant to be for sheep dentistry but they serve their purpose very well.

That Army Painter set certainly looks like a good option, decent price and a variety of different blade shapes.

For smoothing and making folds/sharp edges I've found clay shapers to be the best

such as these http://www.dickblick.com/products/colour-shapers-tools/

Those are a little expensive (1st result on google :D) although you dont need a full set necessarily. I mainly use the flat chisel type one either soft or firm will work fine, size 0 is the best size for modelling.

For smoothing and making folds/sharp edges I've found clay shapers to be the best

such as these http://www.dickblick.com/products/colour-shapers-tools/

Those are a little expensive (1st result on google :tu:) although you dont need a full set necessarily. I mainly use the flat chisel type one either soft or firm will work fine, size 0 is the best size for modelling.

+1 for Clay shapers.

Archived