Stormraven & Dread Sample armies

garfey

Definately, I'm now dying for the advance order page to go up - I'm not sure if GW's marketing team are amazingly clever or a bit dense, but either way i'm buying some models as soon as they go online lol - This is re-motivating me to get my PLog underway again too!!

Garf

Also, something i almost missed.

Two Blood Angels Battleforces form the basis of this army, providing two full Tactical Squads and their Rhino transports, ten Assault Marines and a large squad of the Death Company

In other words, our battlefore will be 10 tactical marines, 5 assault marines, 5 death co and 5 death co and a rhino...Am I the only one unsatisfied?

I hate focusing on the negative.. what I loved most is that one of the sample armies they made was pretty close to what I want to make: 3 Stormravens, 3 Dreads.

Only difference is that I'd only use 1 tactical, not 2.

And seeing the pictures of a force like that ready to go, makes me want to make it even more.

Also, the 6 Dreadnoughts + footsloggers army looks fun too. A wall of Dreads protecting what's behind it, made for a turn 3/4 assault of epic proportions.. love the concept! Though I doubt it will work in the current tank/anti-tank meta. Then again, 1 libby with shield can probably shield all 6 dreads at once.. hmmm..

Actually now I am really liking the storm raven! I am still not sold on the body bits of the new dread kit, except the regular furioso...Im just not sold on the body styling of the DC style dread. But the bling and other pieces of the kit as just amazing! I already have so much stuff to paint that I'll have to try and delay buying these :D

@Irabrai - I'm not that disappointed, this will make a good kit for anyone who wants 2 x RAS - you can use the DC bits to flesh out all the extra troops with some BA flavour. Although I freely admit I won't be buying one :D

I'm a DoA man myself so the SR is amazing for me - I haven't wanted to mash up various kits for it but really wanted one - I did mash up my own Furioso but the new kit looks amazing!

Oooh, you can now advance order everything!!

Stormraven - £41

Dread - £27.70

Battleforce - £60 !!!! (£60!!)

G

The price of the Dread looks Ok.

£60 for a Battleforce though that offers no more than other cheaper ones? and ONLY 20 models?

Thanks I'll pass...

Even the SR for £41 looks too much.

It's definitelly more expensive than Valkyries and Land Raiders.

I aimed to get 3 of them but now I think I'll buy probably 2.

@IronKobra - Lol good plan, reward yourself for every troops choice you paint you can have a nice shiny SR, or Dread B)

Just think, if you did the 6 dreads list, you'd be rewarding yourself for every Dread with some troops.

Also, it's all official now so no chance of them pulling the article ;) i'll keep the google doc for now though in case some people cant access GW from work :P

G

I have to give GW props on keeping the price of this Dread below £30. That's very good of them, considering you get 6 complete arms and 3 sarcophagi.

£41 for the Storm Raven was to be expected though

I found it rather amusing that none of the sample armies included a Sanguinary Priest...guess they are not that fluffy after all :)

Shame they didn't release a SP model with all this stuff.

Till, I believe that is one Stormraven, but photoshopped into 3. But where do we hang our dread on that stormraven? That turret on the SR...wow. I want one!

The Battleforce is a joke. Why buy it? I don't plan on using any more tacticals than I already have. Most BA use a razor, not a rhino, they cost the same so why not include a razor? I don't expect the BA battleforce to be a big seller.

If I had enough cash, I'd order me 4 dreads today! They sure look sweet. That frag cannon looks totally badass! Good work there GW.

The Battleforce is a joke. Why buy it? I don't plan on using any more tacticals than I already have. Most BA use a razor, not a rhino

the battle force in general isn't to expand your force, it's to start a new one. sure i could use one that has all assult squads, but it's not for me.

razor is $2 more in the US, not that it matters, the rhino is the core transport, i'm pretty sure GW doestn' look at all the net lists and go, oh they use razors, lets add that... (i rarly use raors by the way, i prefer moving all 10 of my tac to a spot...)

but a joke? i dont' think i'll ever understand how when someone doesn't want it, it becomes some drama... it's a kit, buy it, don't... it'll sell well enough because new BA players will buy one, (usualy ones who arn't going to go about hte hassle of trading and buying various things, and there are a lot of them)

The Battleforce is a joke. Why buy it?

Because I need more Assault Squad, more Death Company, more Tacticals, and the Assault marines I can convert out of the left over DC and Tac bits. Also I need a Rhino. The Battleforce is perfect for me. Just because you don't need it, don't assume nobody does.

Archived