Relic wants the next army for Dawn of War.

Decoy

I love the Wolves, and that is why I won't vote there.

Seriously, did you notice what they did with Blood Ravens? They made them utterly ridiculous, comic-book-style, childish wannabe-heroes! Do you really want our proud space vikings with their sagas and mythical tales of ancient gods abused like that? They'd be the laughing stock of the 40k universe. I certainly don't want that!

I won't lie, I was impressed by what they did the second time around in DoWII. I think they may have ironed out some of their difficulties, and it is somewhat harder to come up with a completely new fluff rather than act on existing one. I thought they did all the other "established" races just fine; Tau, Nids, Orks, Chaos... The moment they had to come up with a brand new army, they faltered.

I love the Wolves, and that is why I won't vote there.

Seriously, did you notice what they did with Blood Ravens? They made them utterly ridiculous, comic-book-style, childish wannabe-heroes! Do you really want our proud space vikings with their sagas and mythical tales of ancient gods abused like that? They'd be the laughing stock of the 40k universe. I certainly don't want that!

I can't stand picking the "space wolf" themed army as they behave and act like a codex force. It's like Roboute is repeatedly smacking me in the face and throwing up the middle finger at the same time with the other hand.

Aeddon, I believe there's only one "negative" comment, and it's within his rights. The man has a legitimate point; The blood ravens were and are a laughingstock. Every time I see them, I have to stifle a chortle. However, I don't think that will happen this time around, as the DoWII progress has shown and proven.

tbqh, sod em, (sorry for language) the blood ravens can be named the slapstick responce to poorly produced rts gaming trying to piggyback of a minature based game. Honestly let gamers get their one time fill of blood ravens, id rarther their kind not sully the purity of table top gaming

The only mod i've ever found to work well if the firestorm over kaurava mod which takes its stats and abilities directly from codex and makes a very good rts tt balance.

I think you all should vote Dark Angels!

Now now. Hear me out.

The game may suck - but if it's about Dark Angels, that's OK for you! Thus, you win.

The Dark Angels will be able to lose the game. Thus, you win.

The Dark Angels may defeat their enemies. Though they will not do this with the skill and elan the Space Wolves could, nor will they quaff any ale over the ruins, the enemies will be just as dead. Thus, the Emperor wins. Thus, you win. Additionally, you can use that time to face more challenging enemies and get some serious drinking in.

Clearly, the only safe option for the true Space Wolf is to vote DA.

Thank you for your time.

part 2 destroyed what part 1 build, but than again thats a standard concept in computergames/ movies world i was told. Part 3 is going to be AWESOME!

couldn't disagree more, to be honest... but it's all about opinions I guess

You mean the lack of them?

In DOW I I could atleast load up on assault troops....

DOW II Doesnt really have an option for real play outside of the campaign mode and last stand. I suppose you could have some fun leveling a SW character to infinity and beyond in last stand...

I am REALLY looking forward to the release of Thudos project, and I really really hope it catches on enough to be useful.

You see, I think DoW is a fantastically produced and developed game. Fun to play, absolute carnage and freakly takes game balance outside and delivers a rightous boltgun shell to the head in the name of "Rule of Awesome."

In other words, represents much of 40K rather well.

However, I feel that the storylines have gone... downhill recently and the Blood Ravens are rapidly becoming a parody of themselves. Or just being used as whipping boys for no obvious reason.

To be honest, I want the Wolves nowhere near DoW - we're just too nuanced, to varied and too niche for them to even begin to do justice to us. Remember, trying to sell a videogame will mean boiling down themes, ideas and characters to fairly basic archetypes and I think we'll lost the SW "feel" far to fast. It would be nice to see a really well done take on the Wolves, but I fear we'll end up with a horrible charicature of everything we know and love.

In additon, it would be a lot harder for Relic to slide Space Wolves, as opposed to Codex Marines, into the multiplayer statisfactorily, so they'll compromise.

And if there's one thing I'd hate, it would be for us to be compromised on account of executive meddling.

Just my tuppence on the matter.

I fear if the Wolves won the poll and they were introduced in a DoW game that they wouldn't be done justice.

I wouldn't want to see the Sons of Russ paraded like a band of clowns like they did with the Blood Ravens.

And with the amount of corruption they signified the Blood Ravens are full of, then I dread to think what they would do to try and make a good storyline.

"In this mission, you must slay the heretic Bjorn the Fell-handed and rightfully claim the Fang back for the Space Wolves"

I can just imagine it.

You're leaving us?! What will the Liber do without you(other than save money on wall repair. Bowling Balls aren't covered in the Insurance policy?

Well....maybe if you showed a little...appreciation...

*sniff*

;)

Archived