Strom Raven Flat Out *Ouch!*

MrDante

I was reading up on the 40K RB FAQ and realized that a SR moving flat out and then destroyed on your opponents turn results in you losing every unit in the SR. This could be 2-8 KP for the other player. Playing against other BA players I will exploit the crap out of this. Focus fire for the win! However the downside to moving flat out will make me not ever want to move that fast. Am I missing something?

i could be wrong but i'm sure the wording is in the TURN that a vehicle moves flat out the occupants may not disembark. and as per the FAQ any referance to a "turn" means player turn not game turn. so the units only die on your turn if you do somthing really dum.

someone else may have a better understanding of that than me however.

An easy mistake no make, but yes, you are missing something.

The BRB FAQ says something along the lines of "If the vehicle moves flat out and is destroyed in the same turn the passengers are killed" (or something like that).

The part you need to consider is the use of the word "turn" - earlier in the same FAQ, it says that unless otherwise specified, "turn" refers to "player turn" rather than "game turn".

Given this, the passengers are only killed if the SR is destroyed in YOUR OWN turn from something like difficult terrain, or if the enemy has some kind of kill-your-stuff-in-your-turn shenanigans.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

I believe that came up before and is only if it is destroyed during *your* turn, because all references to turn are player turn not game turn unless stated otherwise. That means you need to fail a dangerous terrain test on it to do that. Or i guess scatter a vindie plate on it lol

Beat me as well...

Archived