Death Company Composition...

CJ Grub Killer

Hey Guys

Im still a new guy to 40k so sorry for the noobness...

I've nearly got my first list finished but I want to kit out my DC with Jump Packs and have them deep striking into a unit and just hacking sh*t up :lol:

Now what im having trouble with is what to give these guys (E.g - How many Power weapons, Power Fists, Thunder hammers?)

Death Company x10

- Power Fist x2

- Thunder hammer x1

- Power Weapons x3

- Chainsword x4

- Hand Flamer x1

- The rest with Bolt Pistols

Now this is what I thought would work well, although... I haven't played a game yet :P

So the question is what do you guys think?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated, and thanks for reading :(

CJ

Probably a few too many special weapons for my tastes, I think 2 Powerfists equivalents and 2 power weapons will get still the job done almost all the time.

-Always give the Power fist/Hammer guys bolters.

-I like to mix a few standard bolter guys in too to mix up wound allocation, and they're better to have whenever/ if you lose a few casualties before you charge in as well.

-If you're wanting 10 Death Company, I'd really consider Drop-Podding them in instead of Jump Packs. Drop Pod is 35 points, ten Jump packs are 150 points, and Drop Pod gets you in first turn.

-Jump Packs are good though for a smaller Death company, 5 or 6 models.

in the config you have, adding jump packs is gonna make em uber pricey, and by deep striking them, if you arent careful, then they are gonna get shot to :cuss before they ever swing. some things i do with mine -

-Always run a Reclusiarch/Chappie/Astorath/Lemmiwinks with them, rerolling to hit & wound on the charge is awesome!

-I put mine in a stormraven, that way they are still moving across the board very quickly and is protected

-i run a dc dread w/ blood talons with them, ups the killyness

-i wouldnt worry about the hand flamers, you should be able to wax them in assault anyway

-it IS possible to run more special weapons than you need to, overkill if you will. i run 1 powerfist, 3 power weapons, and 6 bp/ccws and have had great success with em. the chappie has a pw too, so more no save attacks!

-like i said, i'm not a big fan of jump packs on em, as they cant assault out of DS, its expensive, a storm raven is faster/safer/more controllable due to rage

other people may have different views, but this is what i have learned from playin em.

Just my .02

I would probably only run 3 special weapons myself. You do not want to destroy a unit on the charge because then they can be shot next turn. Try to kill alot but leave enough so that you win during the opponents turn. Your set up would kill just about anything in 1 phase... also that unit is close to 500 points

EDIT: the drop pod is a great idea

Hey Guys

Thanks for all the advice :)

I really like the Drop pod idea as it makes things a lot cheaper for me, in fact now that ive thought about it, maybe what I previously wrote seems a little excessive :P

The Storm Raven idea is great to as I will be buying one when it comes out :D

How about...

Death Company x9

-Power Fist x1 (Bolt pistol)

-Power Weapons x3 (Bolt Pistols)

-Chainswords x2 (Bolt Pistols)

-Bolter x3

Now these guys will be running with a Chaplain and Drop podding in. When I progress my list ill probs throw them into the Storm Raven with Astorath :)

Any better? :P

CJ

For me I run 5 with JPs and Lemartes with 2 PFs. THat is the only way I will run them with JPs though. Otherwise they are way to pricey. My favorite way to run DC is 10 on foot or 9 in drop pod or rhino with the 2 PF 1 PW and a chappy. Some good killing that way.

Toying with this for our next big game at my LGS.

30 DC

4PF/TH

4 PW

Dante

Lemartes.

20 bolters

Jump Packs

Over the top ? :lol:

You're not meaning it without the Sanguinor. =)

Man!

I'm gonna need more dice come April....

Toying with this for our next big game at my LGS.

30 DC

4PF/TH

4 PW

Dante

Lemartes.

20 bolters

Jump Packs

Over the top ? ;)

Imagine having to face THAT in a game.

What would be your thoughts/feelings after seeing them deep strike perfectly in the midst of your lines?

(Knowing that even shooting at them could boost Lemartes)

Imagine having to face THAT in a game.

What would be your thoughts/feelings after seeing them deep strike perfectly in the midst of your lines?

"Where Are All My Plasma Cannons?! D:"

Or failing that ".... Screw this, let's run"

Malatox

Archived