Land Raider vs. Storm Raven

Sanguinarian

LRC + sternguard +combi-priest(s) (& shield libby esp) aint bad to DS. But after doing so, it's likely the sternies would disembark and shoot stuff leaving the LR empty (or holding libby + priest) and again, lower priority than a loaded or unloaded SR... although inside melta half range, I'd probably shoot the LR as it would be easier to kill and half melta range isn't a given every turn... unless it had that shield libby in it... but the a SR can have one too. (lol)

I tried using 1 of both in a game last night, the land raider drew allot of fire but the storm raven was able to dish out some damage before the end of the game, that and with the storm raven having a furioso dreadnaught inside and mephiston, the storm raven was able to clear a drop zone and let the passengers out and into assault right away.

I love the land raider for its duribility at range and the general distraction it seems to give versus some opponents.

The storm raven is fast with lighter armor but can drop a dreadnaught and a squad of troops in an area to let it assault much quicker than a drop pod would.

Do you want to know the problem with a Storm Raven and a Land Raider in the same list? They shouldn't bother a competent player as far as Target Priority goes at all. Easiest way to nail a Raider? Close range melta, or CQC with a big beastie.

What won't work against a Storm Raven very well? Oh, melta and CQC... They don't compete with each other for Target Priority, because my Long Fangs will put 4 missiles into the Raven, my Drop Pods of melta totting Grey Hunters will nail the Raider and the guys that fall out will be nice targets for my Plasma Cannons and my Terminators.

Now, multiples of one or t'other... that might unnerve me.

Multiples of both... I'll just kill all 4 of the men you bought to the table.

Archived