Fixing a second hand Whirlwind

Hey Guys

So, a friend of mine lended me his Whirlwind and some other bits and pieces in exchange for some of my old Eldar, and the Whirlwind is, to be honest, in shocking condition. The paintjob is horrendous, but that's not the issue. The real issue was with assembly. The main body of the Whirly has gaps in-between the plastic armour plates, and they aren't exactly small ones either, and there are other problems as well.

So, my question to you guys is how can fix this, short of tearing it apart and starting "from the ground up"?

Thanks for any input in advance

Rafen

PS. I will try to get a pic up when I get home, but that's not going to be for a few days.

depending where you live at, or what country. Try Grease Lightning. It a desolvent that does not harm plastics but eats acrylic based paints, and adhesives to bits. I've used it to strip the paint off from some mk1 devs I got from a friend that were hand primed white. Its not to bad smelling ( I wouldn't go inhaling to closely) but it works very good, and it is quick to finish. Only a few hours and the paint begins to fall off only a little scrubing to get the details is required. Hope that helps. but for a plastic kit like your dealing with will fall apart so you can completely re-do.

Well, the thing is that while there are some pretty gaping holes inbetween the plastic, it doesn't really just "fall apart".

Thanks for the advice though. Is there any way that can seperate the top from the rest of the plastic, and then work from there?

Well I bought some old mk1 tanks of eBay and it wasn't till I got the models I realised how thick the paint was! When I left it swimmin in brake guild to strip the paint what ever glue they used dissolved and the tank fell apart which was great as like you have found not all tanks Are built well lol ;)

So yeah my answer is bath it in break fluid I think I used DOT 3

WiseyB)

Archived