Backpack banners...

ZombyWoof

Not sure where to post this, so please move if I'm in the wrong area...

My plan is to give all of my sergeants an icon or something on their backpacks to make them stand out on the table and "bling" them up a bit. I really like the AoBR sergeant backpacks, but they can be hard to come by. I have a few banners in my bits bag and think I'd like to use them, but I wonder how easy they go breaky-breaky while in storage/transport. Does anyone else use banners on their sergeant's backpacks? If so, do you glue them on or use magnets to keep them from snapping off? If you magnetize, what's your method? Thanks!

It's hard to imagine magnetizing them effectively, because the area on the bottom of the banner is so small, that any magnet you can hide in there won't have much in the way of pull strength. What I would probably do if you're worried about breakage (and on the couple of guys I have with banners, I'm not really) is pin them. With the long, straight shaft on the banner pole, and the height of the backpack, you could drill into them pretty deep. That enables you to have a fairly long rod pinning the two parts together, which should make it very sturdy.

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the bits last night and yeah, magnets probably won't be feasable. I'll glue them on and hope for the best. I will definately give pinning a try too if I can keep my hand steady enough.

Archived