Razor Saw

I am about to embark on a quite ambitious conversion project of mine that will involve quite a lot of hacking (mostly resin and plastic, but there will be a couple of metal bitz here and there). I know that a razor saw is absolutely necessary for this job and I was thinking of going with the GW one, which I had used (and lost) in the past. My concerns are these:

1) I bought recently some GW tools and especially the pin vice is so badly built that it's almost useless. And I am afraid that this might be a general phaenomenon in the GW line.

2) I came across this http://www.rollmodels.net/ninbox/Tools/JLC...r%20Saw%202.htm which apparently has great reviews, BUT for one disadvantage: the blade depth is only 3/8 of an inch.

So, I was wondering if you can help me with my dilemma. Has anyone worked with the JLC Razor Saw on GW minis? If yes, is it a good choice or should I go for the GW one?

Thanks

Don't obsess too much about brand-name tools. I used to have an X-Acto razor saw, and when that got dull I replaced it with some nameless-brand one (eventually — probably years after I should have) that works just as well.

Generally you can head down to your local hardware store and they should stock hacksaws. Sometimes they don't have small enough ones.

Generally its more about the blade quality rather than anything else. Different brand's blades will often last longer or shorter depending on quality but cutting should miniatures isn't the most brutal work a hack or razorsaw can be put through.

Archived