Twin-Linked Lascannon on a Defiler

So I'd like to run a Defiler in my army (actually I'm running 3) and I'd like to use a Twin-Linked Lascannon on said Defiler. Trouble is, there's no Lascannon in the Defiler box. I'm looking to make one using left over bits from a Pred, but I was wondering if anyone else has done this sort of a conversion. And how it was done. And I'd like to see pics.

i wouldn't bother with a single lascannon on a defiler that should either be using it's battle cannon or getting into CC, the only real option for the defiler is 2x CCW.

i'll not be alone in telling you this :lol:

I'm going to have to dispute that actually, my preferred weapons load out is a single extra close combat weapon and a twin-linked heavy flamer. The defiler's already got enough high strength attacks to hew a path through anything in melee, and the flamer allows it to bring down large hordes at close range, adding much needed functionality. I've had issues with some units like genestealers, and the heavy flamer's solved them. Also, it allows you to avoid the rather embarrasing situation where your defiler's battle cannon scatters onto itself due to point blank range or misses stuff an inch away. The accuracy helps too, who cares if you're firing on guardsmen? It hurts just as much as a battle cannon, and ignores cover.

Just my two krak missiles

Drudge is correct.

If you don't mind a bit of hack-and-slashing (and who doesn't?) you could always grab the lascannon arm of a SM Dreadnought and chaos it up before slamming it into place.

Do what you want to do, Persephone - if everyone listened to the "It's the only thing!" brigade then every single army would look the same, and that would be lame :lol:

And, to add my two frags, get Dreadnoughts!!!! (aka. most laughs you've ever had in a game!)

Whilst I agree that Lascannons on a Defiler aren't that great, it shouldn't be hard to kitbash twin-linked lascannons using Predator bits and the Autocannon mount. If it's not quite tight enough, just hack it about a bit and fill the gaps with Green Stuff. Job Done.

So I'd like to run a Defiler in my army (actually I'm running 3) and I'd like to use a Twin-Linked Lascannon on said Defiler. Trouble is, there's no Lascannon in the Defiler box. I'm looking to make one using left over bits from a Pred, but I was wondering if anyone else has done this sort of a conversion. And how it was done. And I'd like to see pics.

Razorback lascannons fit nicely.

Hey look, some folks were smart enough to see that this was a modeling related question and not tactics. It's not that I don't appreciate the advice on how I should kit out my defiler, it's just not what I'm looking for.

Use the mount for the reaper autocannon, and take lascannons from a land raider sponson.

That's a thought. Thank you.

Drudge is correct.

If you don't mind a bit of hack-and-slashing (and who doesn't?) you could always grab the lascannon arm of a SM Dreadnought and chaos it up before slamming it into place.

Do what you want to do, Persephone - if everyone listened to the "It's the only thing!" brigade then every single army would look the same, and that would be lame :P

And, to add my two frags, get Dreadnoughts!!!! (aka. most laughs you've ever had in a game!)

Another good idea. I need more bits. I have neither a land raider or a SM dread. BTW, I agree with you. I'm more annoyed that people can't seem to read. I considered running dreads in this army, if anything because I like the Forgeworld Emperor's Children/Sonic dread. Thankies! :P

Whilst I agree that Lascannons on a Defiler aren't that great, it shouldn't be hard to kitbash twin-linked lascannons using Predator bits and the Autocannon mount. If it's not quite tight enough, just hack it about a bit and fill the gaps with Green Stuff. Job Done.

That's kinda what I had planned, was going to Chaos them up a bit too with some gargoyle heads and spikey bits. Thank you.

Razorback lascannons fit nicely.

Funny you should mention that, my girlfriend gave me a pair of Razorback lascannons. Maybe she saw this thread. The look like a direct replacement. Thank yous

Hey look, some folks were smart enough to see that this was a modeling related question and not tactics. It's not that I don't appreciate the advice on how I should kit out my defiler, it's just not what I'm looking for.
Then lets move the topic to where it should have been posted it in the first place!

*moves topic to the PC&A and edits title to reflect the actual content*

Archived