Need help with getting some custom insignias and decals!

asaye83

Hello! New guy here looking to get back into 40k again after a long hiatus.

Anyway, I'm going to be doing a DIY Blood Angel chapter, and I'm in need of some tips, tutorials, link, or whatever really on how to make some custom chapter emblems/insignia's and some decal sheets. I'm hella new at this so any help is appreciative.

The chapter logo I'm looking at right now is a play off the typical BA emblem, but with a lil twist to it. I totally suck at art and have no clue were to start trying to look for a program or something to make what it is I'm looking for, so I figured I'd come by here and give it a shot at asking you guys what I can do. Basically, I want the logo to be something like the eye of horus, with the BA blood drop symbol in the middle of the eye where the pupil should be, with angel wings coming off the sides of the eye itself.

Much Love! :D

Well there is the old fashion way of building up the picture;

you firstly paint what looks like a blob and paint over or add to get the finished result.

However there is a more unorthadox way, i haven't tried it myself (although I am planning to), which is to simply get a fine liner pen and draw it. Now like i said I haven't tried it so it might not work atall.

Hope that helps

Ive been thinking about making my own transfers cause hand painting a whole company seems a bit daunting to me, Ive found this stuff on the web that you can just print on then use like normal water decals, you have to seal it afterwards. it come in clear or white sheets, ive ordered some clear ones today, just means that my chapter badge wont be able to have any white in it but thats cool, im using photoshop to help with the design, will post some pics when ive got something worthwhile to show

http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/produ...l-paper_151.htm

Archived