1500 pts. Chaos Marines Vs Blood Angels

Mr. Bleak

Hey everybody, I played a fun game today at my FLGS against some Blood Angels. We rolled up Spearhead deployment, Capture and Control.

My List:

Demon Prince, Wings, Warptime, Tzeentch

10 Marines, Rhino w/ extra armour, Champ w/ fist, Icon of Chaos Glory, 2x melta-gun

10 Marines, Rhino w/ extra armour, Champ w/ fist, Icon of Chaos Glory, 2x plasma-gun

8 Marines, Icon of Chaos Glory, plasma-gun

7 Chosen, 4x Plasma-Guns

2 Vindicators with Daemonic Possession

2 Oblits

His List:

Reclusiarch, plasma pistol

Sanguinary Priest, jump pack

Tac Squad, Lascannon, Plasma-gun or some such. He combat squaded them.

15 Death Company, 2 or 3 Thunder hammers, 3 plasma-pistols and 3 power swords...plasma pistols were on the same models as the power swords.

10 Assault Marines w/ flamer, power-fist

Land Raider Crusader

Vindicator

I won the roll to deploy and go first, decided to take it.

In deployment, I put my objective with the 8 man Marine squad in my back corner as far as they can legally go (objective 12 inches from a board edge). I had a bastion right in the middle of my zone, but it was right up against the 12 inch no-go bubble for Spearhead if you know what I mean. So i placed a vindicator on either side, with the rhinos behind them, and the demon prince behind the vindi on my right. Chosen are going to outflank, Oblits are going to deepstrike.

His Deployment, he combat squaded the Tac Marines, the lascannon half went in a building with his objective, the other went ground pounding , trying to hide from the vindi on my right (the one the demon prince is by). His Vindicator went right across from my Vindicator/Prince/Rhino combo, his Land Raider right across from the other vindi and rhino combo. He decides to hold his Assault Marines and Sanguinary Priest in reserve so they can Deep Strike/Descent of Angels.

Turn 1, Chaos/Me:

I move up both Vindicators 6", with each rhino staying right behind them. The Prince jumped over the tanks towards the Vindicator. I open fire with the Vindicators. The one on my left fires at the Land Raider, glances it, and manages to make it unable to move or shoot. My other Vindicator has a clear shot at his 5 man combat squad on the ground, and gets a direct hit and kills every single one. First blood to Iron Warriors!

Turn 1 Blood Angels:

To start off, he decides that since my Rhino full of Plasma-Marines is only 12-18 inches from his Land Raider, he'd have the Death Company hop out and move forward...they are now in the open. He moves the Vindicator forward 12 inches (stupid fast engines mean he can still fire), it's now close to my Demon Prince but has a clear shot on my Vindicator on the right . He fires his vindicator at mine, scatters off the hull into nothing. His Lascannon from the combat squad misses. that's the end of his turn...

Turn 2 Chaos:

I roll and both the Obliterators and Chosen decide to turn up. The oblits drop into a funky spot behind a building that pretty much is out of sight of anything...I look, and 1 Oblit is going to have LOS to his Death Company through a window. In my excitement, I forget to move my Chosen onto the board until close to the end of the phase....my opponent says that since Reserves happen at the beginning of the movement phase, I can't bring them on...I'm okay with this, as I realize he's about to really get wrecked. I move the Vindicator on my right over a bit, move up with the plasma marine rhino and disembark the Iron Warriors that were within...the other Vindicator shimmies to the left. He now has both Vindicators staring at his 15 Death Company and Reclusiarch in the open, as well as 10 Chaos Marines with 2 plasma-guns.... I also fly my Demon Prince right next to the Vindicator, and my Melta-Marines in Rhino stay in place. I open fire with the Obliterators, the one that can see fires his Plasma-Cannon at the Death Company...one direct hit later, 3 of them are dead. Both Vindicators direct hit the unit, and kill 9 between them, including the Reclusiarch. 3 Death Company are left. The plasma-gun squad opens up, all are in rapid fire range...the plasma guns kill 2, and the last Death Company marines makes all his saves from bolters...the rhino that the squad was in fires its twin linked bolter, rapid fire range, puts two wounds on the last guy. He fails both armour saves, then fails both his Feel No Pain saves....

15 Death Company and a Reclusiarch gone in one turn. Woohoo! At this point, it's pretty much game over. I assault his Vindicator with my Demon Prince, but since I forgot to roll warptime and he moved 12 inches, I don't even hit the darn thing...

Turn 2 Blood Angels:

His Assault Marines fail to show up. His Vindicator moves 12 again, and ends up with a clear shot at the rear of my Vindicator on my right. His Land Raider moves 12 inches, and is right next to my Vindicator on the left, and right in front of my Plasma-Gun squad of Marines. He uses the Machine Spirit to fire his Multi-Melta on my Vindi, hits it, pens it, and blows it up...the blast kills 2 Marines. His Vindicator knocks the gun off of my other Vindi with a rear shot....both of my big baddy tanks gone in one turn...oh well, they made their points up....

Turn 3 Chaos:

I move my Rhino with Melta-Gun Marine squad right up next to his Vindicator and disembark the squad, also move the Demon Prince right next to it... maybe one of these days he will do something. My Plasma-Gun Marines get back in their Rhino, and the Rhino moves 12 inches toward his Vindicator, and it pops smoke. My Chosen walk onto the board right next to the building with his objective, looking down their plasma-guns at the 5 Marines....They shoot, kill the lascannon and one other marine after all the cover saves are taken. My melta-gunners blow up his Vindicator, and lose 1 guy to the explosion.

Turn 3 Blood Angels:

He gets his Assault Marines w/ Sanguinary priest on the board, and with d6 scatter end up right next to the building with my objective and 8 Marines...but out of my Marines LOS. Uh-oh. His Land Raider moves 12 inches again, with LOS to my 8 man squad. His 3 remaining Marines on his objective shuffle awkardly as they prepare to eat plasma. His assault cannon on the Crusader kills one marine...

Turn 4 Chaos:

I put my Melta-Marines back in their Rhino and zoom it back 12 inches towards my objective. The Rhino with plasma-gun marines moves 12, right up to the edge of his objective building, and the Iron Warriors disembark and run 6 inches into the building. They have two floors to get up to get to his objective....the Chosen, on the other side of the building, move 6 to get a clearer shot at his 3 Marines. The Demon Prince flys over to help the Melta-Marines and get close to the Land Raider. The Chosen's shooting wipe out the Marines up top, and that's all my turn does.

Turn 4 Blood Angels:

He jump packs his Assault Marines into the building my objective and 7 remaining Marines are in...he loses his Sanguinary Priest, flamer, and 3 other Assault Marines to dangerous terrain. At this point I'm cracking up in laughter. His Land Raider moves 12 again...it's assault cannon kills 1 Marine on my objective. 6 left...they got this. He assaults with his Assault Marines, kills 1 guy with normal attacks, I kill 1, he kills one more with his Power Fist. I lose by one but hold because of my Icon.

Turn 5 Chaos:

My Plasma-Marines, sensing imminent victory, make a heroic effort and run 6 inches up the building to the top floor and what was formerly his objective. The Chosen, their job done, sit tight and take a smoke break. My lackluster Melta Marines go 12 inches in their Rhino, jump out and lower their melta-guns at his Land Raider. The Demon Prince flies right up to the side of his Crusader, and does not forget to use Warptime this turn. The Obliterators have been pooping around in the back field this whole game, taking lascannon pot shots at the Crusader, and now they continue that trend and do nothing. Only one melta-gun is in 6 inches of his Raider, and he proceeds to miss. The other hits but fails to do anything. The demon price assaults the Land Raider, and fails to hit even once, with 5 re=rollable attacks. FAIL. In the ongoing assault at my objective, I kill 2 assault Marines (only 2 plus the power fist sarge left!) he kills one of mine. He fails LD, I catch him, but because of ATSKNF he only has to take a save...which he passes. So 4 Iron Warriors on 3 Blood Angels there.

Turn 5 Blood Angels:

He moves his Raider 12, shoots the assault cannon at my Rhino that had been ferrying Melta-Marines...he wrecks it. The combat goes on at my objective. I kill one Marine, he kills 1 Marine and then wiffs with the Power Fist. We tie combat.

We rolled and the game ended at Turn 5, I have his objective and he contests mine. All he has is 2 Marines and a Crusader, I have my Demon Prince, all my Chosen, 8 Marines left of the plasma-squad and their Rhino, all the Melta-Marines, both of my Obliterators, and 3 Marines on my objective, including the Icon and the Plasma-Gun. His Crusader is staring down the barrels of 2 Melta-Guns and he has an angry Demon Prince in his peripherals, and his Assault Marines had little chance of winning combat. I'm fairly sure a Turn 6 would have seen me with both objectives and him with no models.

Anyway, VICTORY TO THE IRON WARRIORS OVER THE BLOOD ANGELS!!!

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

Archived