What infantry goes into your Storm Raven?

Parcival

I also don't really see a benefit in putting a Tactical Squad or the Death Company (without Jump packs) in there.

Tac Squad, i'll agree with ya, but DC belong in a Storm Raven.

1. Its fast, throwing them into the fight quicker

2. Its an assault vehicle, so they can just come right on out swingin

3. It can tote a Dreadnought!!! DC + DC Dread = deadness

5. Even if it blows up, your DC are already at least halfway across the board, so less chance rage will hurt you.

I run -

---Storm Raven - EA, MM, AC

---Chappie

---10x Death Company

------1x PF, 3x PW, 6x BP/CCW

---DC Dread w/ BT

It makes things dead. Quick.

I'm looking forward to trying this out in a month or two when I finally get my Raven built. 8-10 DC, Chaplain (or perhaps Lemartes) and a DC dread in the Raven. Hopefully I can have it built for the 2000+ points games in my escalation league.

Jump troop don't really get any benefit over normal infantry in being in a SR from a first charge perspective, although their movement after this is obviously better.

The Skys of Blood or whatever it is, is quite sad. Why not just DoA normally. There is no real difference last time I checked.

DC are an easy choice, especially with a few power weapons as you negate rage to a certain point, and make them pretty scary.

The rerolls on DC are also good, but depending on squad size, often overkill.

Firstly 300pts (or there about) for the SR and the Techpriest and Servitors can be spent much better if you just want to tank hunt. At the end of the day one powerful/lucky shot is putting it on the ground (my regular opponent has a lot of luck with a glance followed by a 6). An empty SR is rarely a priority target but, with the rest a BA army usually being an assault unit of some type, once they're all stuck in it's often the only target that can be shot by any unengaged enemy.

I'm i the SR + DC camp for this one. I run Recluisarch, 6 DC w/2xPW + 1xPF and a DC Dread w/Blood Talons in mine. I usually bring it on from reserve rather than deepstrike and, if there's enemy near enough, unload it that turn. If everything's too far away for assault I'm going to move flat out to get it out of the way, ready for assault next round. To drop of those DC and their Dread in my opponents midst is worth it's points alone, any shooting is a bonus IMO.

why not put a techmarine and dc dread together inside it, so the techmarine can tag along with the dread and keep it in the fight for longer?

I thought about this as well, but I guess once the Techmarine is in the open, he's gone quite quickly.

I see, Storm Raven with a 10 men Death Company and a Death Company Dreadnought seems to be a popular choice. I guess I have to playtest that and 8if successful) paint my Storm raven black. :)

I would run a Chaplain with your DC.

G :P

Rerolling to hit + rerolling to wound = Win.

what is really fun is deep striking the sanguinor within 6" the turn your DC charge. 5 St. 5 In. 5 attacks per model that are rerollable. :D

what is really fun is deep striking the sanguinor within 6" the turn your DC charge. 5 St. 5 In. 5 attacks per model that are rerollable. :D

Ahh, now I'm getting the point behind putting infantry into a Storm Raven. :D

what is really fun is deep striking the sanguinor within 6" the turn your DC charge. 5 St. 5 In. 5 attacks per model that are rerollable. ;)

Ahh, now I'm getting the point behind putting infantry into a Storm Raven. ;)

Yes, YES.....please come and have some Kool Aid and enjoy one of our informational pamphlets....yes..... :P ;)

I can think of only one real option, death company backed up by a furioso with talons (or DC dread with talons). For extra rage add in a basic chappy. It gets DC where you want quick and lets them just go on to unleash on the battlefield.

Archived