Making Models Unique

Dunedon

<NOTE: Nevermind ... I found all the answers in the FAQ discussion thread, strangely not where I would have expected it to be ... but found none the less>

Forgive me for more than likely opening a discussion that's irrelivant now but I just can't remember when this applied.

I'm working on my Deathwing (isn't everyone now ...) still ... it's been a year + long process and now I can't seem to remember why i chose to have a 240 "base" unit, each model having unique gear ... for reference here it is:

Sergant: PS/SB
Term 1: CML/TH
Term 2: TH/SS
Term 3: CF/SB
Term 4: PF/SB

Is there a reason under 5th edition to do this, or was this something I did based on 4th edition rules? It's only important as I try to determine any list changes based on the new FAQ's ... so any help is appreciated.

Thanks for trying to refresh my brain ... Dunedon

Yeah, it can be useful to give each model unique gear for wound allocation purposes -- makes them slightly more survivable in situations where they're going to have to make a lot of saves all at once. It's not crucial, though; I suspect that often you'll be better with just 5 x TH/SS termie, now we have the new style of storm shield.

Archived