Chaplain conversion ideas

Gv0zD

Thanks for the quick guide, Haunter!. But with such conversion I'll need to buy WFB bits, which I don't intend to do now. I wanna make a chappy from DC bits - luckily they have all the necessary attributes, i.e. skulls, scrolls, blood droplets, DC marks (I want him to be DC chappy). I'll use the sang guard mask instead of skull (if it was mentioned in C:BA - then it's fluffy).

BTW what bits do you use to build Crozius?

Thanks for the quick guide, Haunter!. But with such conversion I'll need to buy WFB bits, which I don't intend to do now. I wanna make a chappy from DC bits - luckily they have all the necessary attributes, i.e. skulls, scrolls, blood droplets, DC marks (I want him to be DC chappy). I'll use the sang guard mask instead of skull (if it was mentioned in C:BA - then it's fluffy).

The two Blood Drop + Wing bits in the DC box would be great for that. Trim the drop off of one and then glue em together to so you have the symbol and then mount that on the end of a stick. Pow instant BA themed Crozius.

The two Blood Drop + Wing bits in the DC box would be great for that. Trim the drop off of one and then glue em together to so you have the symbol and then mount that on the end of a stick. Pow instant BA themed Crozius.

Certain standard-toppers (the ones that are big enough) from any random Space Marine kit can work that way, too.

Good idea, Bob! I was thinking of using the Standard' tip in Command Squad box, but it would be trite. The BA-designed crozius is a great idea :D

EDIT: @ Plague Angel: yeah, that's what I was thinking about - there are winged skull or eagle-shaped tips.

Why is the Crozius not a particularly attractive weapon, in general I mean..?

I didn't say that. I'm not fond of GW's Chappy models, also I wanted to make more BA-styled one (yes, I know of Lemmy ^_^ ). So the first idea was to make a death-masked guy. Since I finally decided to go that way, and use DC and other bits, I was curious about what would be better used to make Crozius. There's nothing non-attractive in the Crozius.

I used the power axe from the assault squad kit and the Aquila banner topper from the command squad kit.

Just cut the head of the axe off (I like to leave the a tiny bit left of the prongs on the haft as it allows the head a natural looking tansition) and you have a perfect length for a crozius with an activation switch for authenticity! The head is entirely up to you, of course. The banner heads from various kits work great in my experience.

Why is the Crozius not a particularly attractive weapon, in general I mean..?

I didn't say that. I'm not fond of GW's Chappy models, also I wanted to make more BA-styled one (yes, I know of Lemmy :P ). So the first idea was to make a death-masked guy. Since I finally decided to go that way, and use DC and other bits, I was curious about what would be better used to make Crozius. There's nothing non-attractive in the Crozius.

Unless you can talk through me, I'm pretty sure I said it.. ;)

I was just wondering, as I don't find the general style of the Crozius particularly aesthetically pleasing - mainly why I wandered into this thread :P

I used the power axe from the assault squad kit and the Aquila banner topper from the command squad kit.

Just cut the head of the axe off (I like to leave the a tiny bit left of the prongs on the haft as it allows the head a natural looking tansition) and you have a perfect length for a crozius with an activation switch for authenticity! The head is entirely up to you, of course. The banner heads from various kits work great in my experience.

That's a sound idea. I was thinking of "upgrading" the company's banner shaft with greenstuff, as it just a stick, but the axe is way better.

@ Captain Juan Juarez: Yeah, I see your point. I want mine be more sharp - like some kind of an axe. That's why winged skull (like the one shan vener did ) or DC wings (suggested by BOBMAKENZIE) would fit in well. Thus it will have axe-like blade and not be a blunt mace.

@ Captain Juan Juarez: Yeah, I see your point. I want mine be more sharp - like some kind of an axe. That's why winged skull (like the one shan vener did ) or DC wings (suggested by BOBMAKENZIE) would fit in well. Thus it will have axe-like blade and not be a blunt mace.

I question this whole "it has to be a mace/maul" mentality; I'm sure I've seen at elast one axe-style Crozius, I even vaguely recall one style as a spear/halberd though I can't remember where?

Archived