Is there a new DA codex coming out anytime soon?

Bonsai Monkey

Hello,

I know this is probable a common question but I have a fair few bits and pieces to make a decent sized army without to much trouble.

I will admit that I have wanted to use them for a SW army, but after some very big fails on the painting front I will wait until I have a couple more buckets of talent before I attempt them again.

But before I get any hate for the above, I do also have enough ravenwing bikes to have a couple of big squads already and mostly I have always liked painting green and whilst I cant paint aswell as some of the genius's here I could do a job that I wont be too ashamed of.

But as per the orig question, I got stung coming back into 40k with buying the rule book and codex and then having to do it again a few months later (4th-5th) so is it ont he cards and I should do some tact squads until it happens (im a slow painter, not that you would know from the outcome) or grab the codex and start it properly?

Also, on a rather off topic note, has anyone used the BT sword vets as DA vets or is this a no no as I also have these and think that they look quite cool models. I also have some orig grey knight terms that I think would look good in alternative colours, the symbols dont look to out of place (books and swords)?

Cheers

With the new FAQ (See GW Site), DA got a boost, both Raven and Death Wings are both quite improved!

As to next release ... Grey Knights are April, next will probably be a non-Imperial 'dex (Tau? Necron?), then a Marine Chapter, maybe in time for Xmas.

No idea which one yet ...

If you stick to power armour marines you should be ok... its unlikely they change that much the overall set up (maybe a double special weapon or double heavy weapon), so the core (say 80%) of the troops model will certainly be of use.

Bikes I'd say go the same way.

However, if possible, I'd suggest you magnetize the special weapons/heavy weapon and basically any special load out. Magnets are quite cheap (you can get 100 for 20 Euros or something like that) and it'll save you pains on the future.

Hope it helps :D

I heard they promised us we wouldn't be "Last codex out" again and then be totally overpowered by a new edition and the vanilla codex stealing all our stuff (Which has happened with every other DA codex) so it may be that after 6th ed and vanilla we'll get a new codex.

Wouldn't it be a (welcome) surprise if DA were the poster boys for 6th? ^_^

I heard they promised us we wouldn't be "Last codex out" again and then be totally overpowered by a new edition and the vanilla codex stealing all our stuff (Which has happened with every other DA codex) so it may be that after 6th ed and vanilla we'll get a new codex.

Wouldn't it be a (welcome) surprise if DA were the poster boys for 6th? ^_^

Welcome, but unlikely. A certain Chapter, I won't mention any names, would turn blue (well, bluer... :) ) if our Dark Angels became the poster boys for GW.

With the new FAQ (See GW Site), DA got a boost, both Raven and Death Wings are both quite improved!

Bolded the important part. I just read the FAQ and didn't really see how ravenwing benefit. The only real improvements are the TH/SS and cyclone missile rules to deathwing. I'm probably missing something though, do you mind being more specific about the Raven benefits?

Welcome, but unlikely. A certain Chapter, I won't mention any names, would turn blue (well, bluer... :D ) if our Dark Angels became the poster boys for GW.

I think the idea was that the releases would be 6th > C:SM > C:DA (Possibly with a non imperial codex between them) and thus we wouldn't be an edition behind (As we were for all of 5th) and hopefully not the weakest SM codex out (As every single DA codex has been since 2nd ed).

Archived