Chaplains

Brother Ithuriel

Thanks guys.

When I painted these models, to tell you the truth I've never painted bone before so I experimented a lot. In the end there is a long way and a short way for me.

The long way:

Base coat with calthan brown and layer with bestial brown being carful to leave the crevices of the helmet out, then with bestial brown and bleach bone 1:1, then bleach bone.I gave the helmet a thin glaze of watered down gryphonne serpia then highlighted with bleach bone and skull white 1:1 and final highlights are with skullwhite.

The crevices in the helmet were lined in with thin layers of devlan mud and badab black.

The eye pieces were just painted as you would a red gem but with a very very thin layer of blood red layered on the sided of the eye pieces on the bone to give an effect of glow.

Short way:

Base coat with calthan brown and layer with very thin layers bleach bone. Highlighted with bleach bone and skull white 1:1 and final highlights are with skullwhite.

In between the layers sometimes I give the bone a glaze of watered down gryphonne serpia so the layers merge together.

I find the short way to be really affective too if you don’t want to spend hours on just one piece of bone. But really thin paint is the way to go and glazes to tie in the different layers.

That's my essay for today. thanks guys.

Thanks guys. nice to know that the time I put in it appreciated. I saw picture of a dark angels terminator chaplain painted with the chest plate's inner wings painted green. Thought I would replicate that but with red.

"MaleOpener" I'll try that out. thanks for the advice.

Archived