A New Force Commander is Promoted

Father Mapple

Hello all! I am primarily a Blood Angels player and have been playing 40k for about a year. I played some Fantasy 15 years ago, and only recently got back into that as well.

I'm in Fort Worth, Texas and am currently going to law school, so my hobby time is limited. Most of my "hobby" each week is visiting these forums and wishing for more time to paint/construct/game.

I have tons and tons of Blood Angels, a "collective" Ork army that 4 or 5 guys and I are working on and adding to, and some Inquisition models because they look neat. There's a bunch of Fantasy Brettonians and Orcs & Gobbos as well.

I enjoy the construction, modeling, and conversion process much more than painting, which is the reason for so many models but having so few of them painted. I only do hobby while on the phone to my English fiance, so thats a tiny bit each day.

I read Horus Heresy and Caiphas Cain novels only, so that's as fluffy as I get. Played all the computer games (even Fire Warrior, way back) and once wrote a short story when I was in 7th grade because it was cool.

My typical 40k opponents are Salamanders (fluffy, but good list), Tau, Dark Eldar, Daemons, Necrons, Orks, IG sometimes, Eldar sometimes, and a developing Fallen Dark Angels army, so I know what it is to be the last bastion of the Emperor's light in a xenos filled world.

My non-legal reading each day is making a list or reading a different codex. You got to have something besides Property, Contracts, Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, and Torts (which aren't chocolate cakes, apparently).

Look forward to posting and seeing things!

Archived