theory on Ferrus Manus

XKhalilX

So there is debate about whether he actually died or not. What if he returns, but as the most epic dreadnought to ever grace the Imperium? The Iron Hands are closely tied to Mars, and their experts on technology. What if they recovered the Primarch and because of C'tan Silver wyrm he fought, they are able to keep him alive in the biggest, most amazing version of a venerable dreadnought of all time?

its like Ferrus Manus becomes Darth Vader, 40K style

perhaps they recovered it, after all we dont know what horus did with it if i recall. also some chapters believe he didnt actually die. *shrugs*

With the C'tan Wyrm being a part of him of sorts, perhaps he could regenerate a head. Perhaps the IH took his body and are able to culture a new body. There are possibilities Ferrus Manus can come back in his original form, a new body, or a dreadnought of magnanimous proportions

As i've said before, if any of the Primarchs was going to walk away from decapitation it would be Ferrus. We don't know just how much of him was bionic at the end of the day or how many 'fail-safes' he might have had to keep himself alive.

We've had Black Library books and 'official' games of Inquisitor featuring Tech Priests who have survived worse, usually by downloading parts of their memories and conciousness into bionic sections of their bodies or other machines.

Plus, as I recall, one of the old Index Astartes sections had Manus being present to object to his legion being broken up into chapters.

Personally, if I were GW and were set on going down this route, I would have had him back-up a copy of his mind in a crystal a la the silica animus heresy, after a dream in which he foresees his own death at the hands of Fulgrim.

I dont think they would bring him back, personally i think thats the point of 40K the great age of the Crusade is gone and finished an now Man is just going through the motions towards extinction if they brought a Primarch back that would really throw a spanner in the works. The world of 40k is made to be a all hope is lost sort of age

Wait a second people think he can come back.....

What a strange realm we live in, just like Sanguinius, Konrad, Horus and Alpharius there is no chance of returning its not a case of putting him into a dreadnaught, he is dead plain and simple.

razhbad i remember reading some believe him to be alive. Some GW chapters and of course some fans. Although this was about a year and a half ago.

My DIY chapters of Manus geneseed hold different views concerning Manus:

Children of Eternity (created M32): believe he was martyred, and will be resurrected when the Emperor rises from the Golden Throne to end Chaos.

Scions of the Infinite (created M33 from COE geneseed): believe he and the other loyal and traitor primarchs that died, did in fact die. The dead primarchs will be revived, the traitor ones will be forgiven, and all the primarchs will merge with the Emperor, to create the Omnitep (their name for the Omnissiah). The Omnitep will vanquish Chaos. A Golden Age of mankind will rise and will eliminate all threats against humanity.

Sons of Idaeon (created M34/M35 from COE geneseed): believe the Emperor and Ferrus Manus are one. The Emperor is the Omnissiah in flesh and blood, and Ferrus Manus is the spirit of the Omnissiah. Their chapter masters carry part of this spirit within each of them. Each marine of this chapter through physical and spiritual emulation can "become" their primarch. Ferrus Manus will return alongside the other dead land missing loyal primarchs and be the spearhead of a new Great Crusade.

and yes a strange realm it is, considering what is within the 40K universe, nothing is without limit.

Scions of the Infinite (created M33 from COE geneseed): believe he and the other loyal and traitor primarchs that died, did in fact die. The dead primarchs will be revived, the traitor ones will be forgiven, and all the primarchs will merge with the Emperor, to create the Omnitep (their name for the Omnissiah). The Omnitep will vanquish Chaos. A Golden Age of mankind will rise and will eliminate all threats against humanity.

This is fairly plausible, even as a belief for a particular Martian cult.

I likeses this.. [/Gollum]

Wait a second people think he can come back.....

What a strange realm we live in, just like Sanguinius, Konrad, Horus and Alpharius there is no chance of returning its not a case of putting him into a dreadnaught, he is dead plain and simple.

Sanguinius and Konrad won't come back, that much is something I think everyone agrees upon. Konrad foresaw his death, there's been several things involving Sanguinius saying "He's dead all right! end of story!" The closest thing we'll ever get to an actual ressurection is the Black Rage which has been compared to daemonic possession at points.

Horus was cloned by Fabius Bile, but it's thought they were all killed off by Abaddon. Though fluff notes people suspect Abaddon himself of being a clone.

Alpharius' death has mainly been thrown into question due to the end of Legion, and the sudden reveal which took place in that.

Even before that though, the only real information relating to his death came from an Inquisitor acting as the Alpha Legion's agent. And even in that I think it noted people questioned if that was truly Alpharius Guilliman killed.

i have to admit, Legion was so extremely hard for me to read. not that it wasnt enjoyable, is that is was so confusing! So typical of Alpha Legion LOL! ;)

I figure its 40K, the Emperor will rise again, and being 40K people can come back. and based on Ferrus Manus and his dealing with technology and the silver wyrm, he could come back

This is fairly plausible, even as a belief for a particular Martian cult.

I likeses this.. [/Gollum]

Cpt. Juan, I posted the Scions IA on the liber if you wanna check it out. Your C&C are always welcome, (as well as everyone elses!)

Ferrus Manus is Dead.

Head cut off by Daemon powered weapon

Dead.

Careful when you zip up.

It was meant slightly in jest :)

Besides, there is the rumor that the Iron Hands took the corpse of Ferrus Manus to Mars.........

I dont think they would bring him back, personally i think thats the point of 40K the great age of the Crusade is gone and finished an now Man is just going through the motions towards extinction if they brought a Primarch back that would really throw a spanner in the works. The world of 40k is made to be a all hope is lost sort of age

Try to ignore a lot of other 40k fluff. Lysander was dead, but GW said "snuff that" and wrote a twist to bring him back. Loken, who's death was crucial in showing the true corruption of the Sons of Horus, has been hinted that he wasn't dead after all. Alpharius has his shindig. No great tragedy in 40k is safe.

Even in the Iron Hands index Astartes it said that Ferrus Manus' ghost visited the Iron Hands which is how they knew he had fallen. Now of course index astartes is the worse information source GW ever did, after all IA could never agree which legions were at the drop site masacre. I'd recommend people read Fulgrim because it is quite clear in that their is no chance that the Gorgan would ever be amongst the living again.

As for Alparius indeed the Legion book added an interesting twist and thought i will not reveal what i still think that Guilleman did indeed slay his brother. After all Horus recognised his brother when he met him so i think Guilleman would have also. But as those of us who have read legion know it may not be that crystal clear.

With Horus' clones yes i suppose one could still be alive, but these clones aren't Horus (his soul was destroyed by the Emperor) so no more him. As for Abaddon being his cloned son, since the HH series has come out i am now pretty certain that Abaddon is just Astartes.

As for Alparius indeed the Legion book added an interesting twist and thought i will not reveal what i still think that Guilleman did indeed slay his brother. After all Horus recognised his brother when he met him so i think Guilleman would have also. But as those of us who have read legion know it may not be that crystal clear.

I suppose this is why Omegon was introduced - to "revive" Alpharius. 

As for Ferrus - Fulgrim novel really makes everything clear -

Fulgrim did bring Horus Ferrus' head

. The theory of Ferrus "backing up" his identity or mind or whatever is doubtful. 

Even if Iron Hands brought Ferrus' corpse to Mars, who would clone him? The Emperor is physically dead, and there's no one besides him who could breed primarchs. Even The Emperor required some help (read The First Heretic for more info :P ).

Also as far as i am aware Ferrus Manus had no bionics (Now his troops do). I dont ever remember any referrence to any chips or cybernetic enhancements. Infact the only thing he did have was his metal arms, which were not because he had them replaced. Ferrus died entirely organic, so there would be nothing to back up.

If having your head sliced off isn't enough to keep someone down for good then I don't know what is. Ferrus Manus is dead. No head = dead.

40k is supposed to be a grim and dark place to live in. I think the death of some of the greatest champions is part of that universe. 40k isn't about happy endings... or happy anything for that matter.

Archived