Dark Angel Command Squad

Mentat

I'm getting ready to create a command squad for my Dark Angels. I know its not a competitive choice and I am mainly making it for sake of completeness and show. But I don't want it to suck either. My questions are:

1) When I upgrade to apothecary or banner bearer, can they be equipped with the special weapons/plasma pistols/power swords?

2) Does anyone actually use a command squad, and what is the best loadout for them?

Right now, assuming the strictest interpretation of 1, I am going to try this:

1. Company Champion (power sword/combat shield)

2. Apothecary, bolt pistol/chainsword

3. Company Banner bearer, bolt pistol/chainsword

4. power sword/bolt pistol

5. power sword/bolt pistol

Apothecaries and banner carriers can upgrade their wargear. They don't have different statlines or anything, they just are veterans that are taking banners or reductors.

Looks nice, I am going to try something similar myself, but with flamers or melta guns on the apothecary and banner bearer.

Keep them cheap. Give them a rhino or twin-las razorback, and a pair of special weapons (2 flamers, 2 plasmas, or 2 meltas, depending on planned role). The other 3 should either have chainswords or bolters, again depending on role (bolters synergise better with plasma guns; chainswords synergise better with flamers; either one works with meltas). The Apothecary will almost always be worthwhile.

Archived