Dark Angel on Deck

Damion38x

Greetings all

On a few other forums - been a marine - Specificaly a Dark Angel - player for 15 years now - the gaming was on and off - but was mostly modeling and building. also run a Blood Axe ork horde - but i keep that on the down low! lol!

My Current projects include a Scratch built Thunderhawk, and i hope to fit in a custom Storm raven and Warhound Titan in before the arival of my very own 'Watcher in the Dark' (well more like Wetter of Diaper!)

Once i've settled in i wil post some progress reports etc - but feel free to drop me an email if you want.

Oh and thanks for having me!

Welcome fellow member of the inner circle :) I demand WIP photos or even better a tutorial (if you can) of your ThunderHawk... I personally tried to build a Chaos Harbinger bomber but I had issues (aka it broke under its own weight! XD) and I've been having problems finding lighter materials that I want to work with.

Anyway have a good time and I hope everything goes well with the baby. Also if it is ginger don't be tempted to purge it with fire it will only grow faster!

Thanks Guy's!

Roger on the WIP - will see if i can put together a Tutorial, as for materials - Have a look at your local Model/Hobby shop - and see if you can get plasticard - the one i use is JV30 & JV40 its very rigid - also Remeber INTERNAL BRACING! lol! i forgot that and now have to redo a wing section!

As for what i play - Greenwing mostly , and have had a few games (way back in 2nd ed) with DWing.

Thanks Guy's!

Roger on the WIP - will see if i can put together a Tutorial, as for materials - Have a look at your local Model/Hobby shop - and see if you can get plasticard - the one i use is JV30 & JV40 its very rigid - also Remeber INTERNAL BRACING! lol! i forgot that and now have to redo a wing section!

As for what i play - Greenwing mostly , and have had a few games (way back in 2nd ed) with DWing.

I built a frame from wood that wasn't very strong (I already had it)... what I really need is something like Balsa wood... I'm sure I could use something else but I'm much more at home with wood compared to plastic rods and using metal might be going a bit over the top XD.

I have no idea what JV30/40 is? Is that to do with the quality or the thickness? I have my own stash of plasticard which should be fine if I can make a sturdy frame for it to rest on. The Harbinger is wider and longer than a thunderhawk but only about as thick as a rhino at the thickest point if you need a reference on size :tu: most of it is really thin hence poor quality wood I use broke.

Archived