Can't make my mind up

Yo guys, right basicly i just want everyone insight on my little dilema, as most of you know, i'm having a lil project of building up my IF 4th company.... BUT

(always a but)

i keep always looking back at the sallies and looking hard into their fluff and thinking of how i would paint them etc.

what im asking is do any of you SM or other races of the 40K universe have these little dilemas?

very annoying isnt it?

Yeah. You have no idea how tempted I am to stop working on my current army (which is only half painted as it is), and start painting some Imperial Fists. Or Grey Knights. Or Orks. Or Guard. I just restrain myself because if I do that, my Ultras will never get done.

What i do is take breaks from painting my chapter to do little bits and bobs of others.

If you want to do Sallies, do them, but do them one or two at a time between squads of fists.

Gives you a break from painting the same scheme, and the artistic inspiration doesn't dry up quite so quickly.

What i do is take breaks from painting my chapter to do little bits and bobs of others.

If you want to do Sallies, do them, but do them one or two at a time between squads of fists.

Gives you a break from painting the same scheme, and the artistic inspiration doesn't dry up quite so quickly.

I did sorta think of this, so it may be a just cause now, two birds with one stone eh?

One thing I've seen people do with DA is paint up a vet squad with each modal being from a different successor chapter. Its justifiably fluffy (at least for the DA) such that you don't end up with models that you can't play with your current force while achieving the goal of breaking up your painting routine.

Archived