Greetings from the fringes...

Kharneth8

G'day all.

I am a long time lurker of this forum and have decided to take the plunge and introduce myself. I started playing GW games way back in the early hay days (1985-86) just shortly after starting highschool. I began spending more an more time at my local comic book and game store, where I was introduced too the game Adeptus Titanicus. The weekends after that I played Blood Bowl, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k and Hero Quest (not the Milton Bradly version)...I was hooked. It wasnt long before I was buying and painting my first models with aspirations of conquest and glory playing through my young mind. Space Marines very quickly entrenched themselves within my life and I founded the space marines chapter of the Punishers. Based upon my love of the Marvel comicbook hero of the same name. When GW began "fleshing out" its fluff on the space marine chapters and adding chapter specific models, I fell in love with one of my first and longest running army...the Space Wolves. I played this chapter in just about every 40k aged game that GW produced. WH40k, Epic Space Marine / Adeptus Titanicus, Space Hulk.

Imperial Marines were not my only force though, I felt the call of the dark Gods of Chaos and found a home under the murderous, bloodied banner of the Blood God. Khorne. As soon as the early Worldeaters models and legion fluff hit the waves, Khorne sunk its teeth in me and took me on a merry ride of slaughter and gore across the wasted battle fields. Too this very day I still have the very first run of 1st edition Khornate Daemon models. 26 Bloodletters, 12 Juggernauts, 18 Flesh hounds, 4 Blood Thirsters. The Worldeaters took over as my army of choice and Khorne ruled over all my GW games.

As the years and game editions flew by, I found myself losing interest in playing the games and more interest in reading the novels that GW's Black Library was now publishing, until I all together quit the game and packed away all of my models for good. That was just over 10 years ago. I never truely gave up on the hobby though. I did continue reading the books, visiting the stores and all the various websites / forums, and on occation putting pen to paper and writting a short story or two.

Anyhoo. I thought it was about time I said "hulo" too you all and let you people know how much I love your creativity and work. Some of the pieces are truely awe inspiring. Thank you for giving an old ghost like me a place to haunt from time to time.

Also, before I sign off. I had the fortune and pleasure of reading the "Dornian Heresay Vol. 1". All I can say is what an absolute masterpiece!!! My only question is, is work being done on Vol. 2 ? I would seriously pay good money for a properly published, hard cover copy of this work. It really is good.

Kharneth8

(J-D)

Archived