Rafen an Sanguinary Priest now?

Demoulius

Hey guys,

seeing the cover of this months WD it reminded me of swallow's last book, and in particular *spoiler alert here* the fact that he digested the vial of sanguinius his blood at the end of the novel. wouldnt that, to be fair; make him an sanguinary priest now?

AFAIK the only thing thats different from normal marine, and priest is that the priests have more of the angels blood in them. (and the fact that they tend the wounded, etc) and taking said blood of our father in their system is what makes them a sanguinary noviate (IIRC)

so whetever they want to or not, Rafen is a SP now....more or less. correct?

ps. please dont make this a debate about whatever you liked the books or not ok? that horse has long since been beaten to death :rolleyes:

Having not read the novel myself, I'd need more context. But:

It's not as though ingesting Sanguinius' blood magickally alters you into a Sanguinary Priest somehow. When you become a Sanguinary Priest, they have you drink the blood, but that's an initiation ritual and not a transformative agent. Now it could be that the Priesthood will be interested in Rafen now, but that doesn't mean he would have to become an Apothecary. A Sanguinary Priest is different from other Astartes due to his job, really. Or, to put it succinctly:

All Xs have performed Y act.

It does not follow that all who have performed Y act must be an X.

Archived