Question about lemmy

Whitefireinferno

So if you had Lemmy and a squad of non JP DC Make a skies of Blood decent does the squad scatter 2d6 or 1d6 with decent of Angels? sure then non Jp will be making dangerous terrain tests But do they scatter a extra d6 more than Lemmy or do they use Lemmys single d6 scatter?

Interesting question, IMO the squad must scatter the full 2d6, but the actual wording says "models with JP may make a more controlled descent...with DoA", which seems to allow Lemmy to do this. I would say Unit coherency must be maintained but that is not going to be easy.I would say the entire squad would need to scatter 2d6 unfortunatly.

Now i need a ruling - wheres James1? :P

Lemartes loses his DoA rules if he is attached to a unit without jump packs.

really? How so? He is not an IC, so there for the ruling on the IC losing/gaining abilities due to joining/leaving units wouldnt apply.

Granted I think the unit would still roll the 2d6, but this does make it rather interesting.

Lemartes loses his DoA rules if he is attached to a unit without jump packs.

really? How so? He is not an IC, so there for the ruling on the IC losing/gaining abilities due to joining/leaving units wouldnt apply.

Granted I think the unit would still roll the 2d6, but this does make it rather interesting.

I'm not shure The ability is necessarily lost so much as the squad he was part of does not gain it in the 1st place. That is to say that there is nothing in the rules that suggests DOA can be confered to a unit (by IC or otherwize) and as such the default would be to assume the ability does not transfer. The only special rules I can think of that are confered to a joined unit have a rule somewhere that specificaly allows them to (like fearless etc.) as opposed to most USRs where one must assume they are model specific unless stated otherwize (think rending or FNP).

So at best Lemmy can DOA while the rest of his squad scatters 2d6, but he would still be constrained by squad coherency regardless. Most likely DOA is simply lost and lemmy has to drop 2d6 like the rest of them (a misshap is a misshap for the whole squad anyway regardless of where lemmy goes).

If you are really concerned about scatter with "skies of blood" you can always stick a locator beacon on the raven so your death co can make a nice scatter free landing within 6" of its tail. :lol:

If you are really concerned about scatter with "skies of blood" you can always stick a locator beacon on the raven so your death co can make a nice scatter free landing within 6" of its tail. :D

I'm really glad I read this as I'd not thought about the locator becon being used in this way before. I'm going to have to really thing think about how to intergrate them into a list now I know I can do this.

I'd also join the side that DoA would be lost if a Jump packer joind a normal unit, but I can't find a rule that fully backs this up.

to be fair, GW tends to go with the "majority" rule. meaning if a majority of a squad is in a cover, then it is in cover. if a majoty of your squad has WS 3 (like a scout squad) then the opponents hits you on WS3 etc. in this case id say you scatter 2D6 just for that reason. sure ONE model has the jumppack but the rest cant use his rules since...well they dont have the jumppack. the rule also says that models WITH A JUMPPACK can use the rule to scatter 1d6 instead of 2D6 so eh....

2D6 in my opinion :sweat:

I will never use Lemartes in a DC without JPs because well... it doesn't feel right.

The way I see it, he can only be a squad upgrade so long as the squad also carries JPs since it is a piece of equipment that cannot be purchased individually in a squad.

But that's just me...

actually you can do just that :) (cant keep him in a rhino though...but SR's are allowed just that he costs 2 space now) 1 model that can move 12 inches when the rest can is awesome. when you need those few extra inches to make the assault Lemy will be epic win! only need to pull 1 model into combat to pull the entire group after all. and since hes an upgrade you can support him :)

eh... yea, sorry my bad :blink:

ok, then your stament makes sence, but you are wrong:)

lemmy can' move 12 if he's with non JP troops, 99% sure the rules say that he moves at thier slowest speed, not he can move from front to back of the squad on his move... (i know it's an IC rule, i dont' see why that would change)

dont know why he wouldnt be able to use it tbh... jumppack allows you to move at 12 inches. if only 1 model in the squad would have one wouldnt that MODEL be able to move at 12 inches, but the rest still only be able to move at 6 inches? :mellow:

lets say a character (captain in this case) is upgraded with a storm bolter and joins a tactical squad. the rest of the squad has bolters but he can still use his stormbolter no?

dont know why he wouldnt be able to use it tbh... jumppack allows you to move at 12 inches. if only 1 model in the squad would have one wouldnt that MODEL be able to move at 12 inches, but the rest still only be able to move at 6 inches? :mellow:

lets say a character (captain in this case) is upgraded with a storm bolter and joins a tactical squad. the rest of the squad has bolters but he can still use his stormbolter no?

Because on page 11 of the rulebook it says "All models in a unit move at the speed of the slowest model"

:P

dont know why he wouldnt be able to use it tbh... jumppack allows you to move at 12 inches. if only 1 model in the squad would have one wouldnt that MODEL be able to move at 12 inches, but the rest still only be able to move at 6 inches?

because if we went that way the game would crash when a fearless model would join a non fearless unit for example.

the rules are clear you move at slowest model speed and that is 6" .

Wasn't there a recent FAQ (main rulebook FAQ maybe?) where if one model in a unit has the Stealth USR, that model confers the ability on the other members of the squad? I mention this purely because it DOES seem like a similar rules situation to this one.

Mind you, I'm still of the opinion that a single model with DoA would not give it to the whole group, to play devil's advocate, I can see someone might try to argue that this case should be treated similarly. Of course, taken to a logical conclusion, if Lemmie gives the whole squad DoA, why not give them all a jet pack move too? :)

Archived