Blood Strike

BLACK BLΠFLY

Back to the story...

Abel stood beside the tech Marine and servitor administering to the dreadnaught. The huge engine of death was fastened tightly to the flooring with massive chains of admantium crisscrossed against it frame and bolted deep into the floor. The tech Marine had removed his helmet and was wearing an elaborate headset that had a long cable connected to an aperture in the dreadnaught armor. "Our most venerable Brother has passed on to the dream state." said the tech Marine. "To re-awaken him right after battle is going to involve some risk. I think you'll want to know that we had to make a great effort to decontaminate his battle armor. His shell was heavily doused with the residual matter of the most pungent warp traces."

"Do you mean to say that the daemonic forces of Nurgle were involved in the battle?" the Blood Saint asked.

"That appears to be the case." replied the tech Marine.

"Were you able to download any recordings from the dreadnaught or the Stormraven? Has the flight crew been debriefed yet?" asked Abel.

"All the recordings are highly contaminated as well. The pilot and his servitors are still in the process of being decontaminated." The tech Marine looked down upon a vidscreen mounted on a work table. "The enclaphetic state of our most venerable brother is starting to rise. If you want me to attempt to re-awaken him then now is a very good time. Remember as I said this could be quite dangerous. He is still in a heightened state of battle frenzy. There is no telling how he will react if I can rouse him back from slumber."

"I don't think there is really any choice. We need to return to the planet as soon as possible. Speak to our brother the ancient words of command." said the Blood Saint. "I must know what happened down there."

The tech Marine mouthed something into his microbead and then suddenly the dreadnaught stirred back to life thrashing wildly against the chains. Cygnus' deep voice boomed out from the tech Marine's headset shouting in rage.

The doors to the chamber fell open as Commander Vaal entered surrounded by his Honor Guard just as the tech Marine summoned the dreadnaught. Cynus broke loose from his binding chains and charged into the Flesh Tearers grabbing, shredding the commander as the Blood Talons squeezed shut like a vice. Blood squirt out between the blades coating the wall.

One of the Flesh Tearers Honor Guard reached for his infernus pistol and fired, blasting a huge smoking hole in the front plate of black admantium armor. Cygnus lunged at the Flesh Tearer loping off his head with a quick swipe from his long bloody talons. Abel jumped in front of the dreadnaught waving his gauntlets. "In the name of our primarch Sanguinius I command you to halt! Stop this madness brother Cygnus! You've already slain two of your own!" shouted the Blood Saint. His voice boomed filling the chamber. "Halt now!" The dreadnaught began to lurch forward then suddenly came to a stop lowering it's arms. Dark oily fluid spilled from it's rended armor as fresh blood dripped off the razor sharp tips of it's claws. "Return to your station." commanded Abel. The dreadnaught stepped back as it's broken chains dragged along the floor.

lol, how am i supposed to know that? and its constructive critism, trying to help spark extra details and make the story even better. to be honest i wish i could write as well... the dude is doing well. I just like to help. sorry if you cant see that.

Abel stood beside Cygnus as the tech Marine refitted the communication cable. "There are no words to express my grief to your loss." the Blood Saint said addressing the remaining Flesh Tearers. "We all want the same thing and that is what we must focus upon now. There is an ancient artifact down upon the planet that dates back to the days of Sanguinius. It must not fall into the wrong hands. I invite you to join us."

The Marines stood still listening intently as the tech Marine shared the story from Cygnus of the battle that had occurred below. They all felt intense hate as it became apparent to everyone that Chaos was behind the attack. One of the Flesh Tearers approached Abel. "My name is Caine and I was Vaal's executor. I want to aid you and your men. We must pull together now. As you have said we are all here for the same reason. We will join you in the party to the surface." Caine removed his helmet. His eyes were like diamonds glittering in the dim light. The Flesh Tearer held out his hand and Abel grasped it hard.

"Aye my cousin!" said the Blood Saint. "It is time to depart now. Our Stormraven is waiting for us. Your men, myself, the Codicier and five of my best veterans will go along with Cygnus. It will be a battle to the death."

+++

Caine lifted up his stormshield and slid his glaive back into the scabbard. His trio of Honor Guard walked with him up the boarding plank into the Stormraven. They also carried stormshields with the circular buzz saw emblem burnished into them. Abel saluted them as his own war party joined them. An ancient Chaplain with a deeply scarred face climbed into the ship. The Chaplain wore pitch black armor and had a huge power fist mounted on his right arm.

"This is the Void Walker." said the Blood Saint with reverence as the Chaplain strapped himself into his seat. "The Void Walker was once an original member of Chapter Master Imrik's own personal retinue of Sanguinary Guard." Caine looked at the Chaplain with deep of respect, he had heard tales of his exploits. "We shall either win the day or die trying." said Abel. The Chaplain grunted in affirmation as he secured the huge lock across his chest, then the Void Walker placed his skull helmet on his head and was silent. The engines then ignited as the Stormraven lifted off it's ramp descending into the abyss.

+++

The black Stormraven hovered above the outpost then slowly descended dropping it's landing gear and touching down upon the masses of littered dead. Cygnus decoupled from the rear and then walked over towards the crater. The pit was filled with more dead and massive cracked boulders lay inside. An aura of evil filled the dawn air. The dreadnaught's servos began to whine as it bent over tossing the rubble from the crater.

The forward assault hatch lowered to the ground crushing scattered piles of bones as it hit the earth with a thud. First the four Flesh Tearers descended from the dark bowels of the ship then the Blood Saint followed behind with his Codicier and the Chaplain on either side. Abel carried a tall stormshield painted alabaster with a single drop of ruby red blood encrusted in the center. A long halberd was slung from his other arm and it's long sharp blade had a fractal edge. Next came the veterans, they all had plasma pistols hanging on their belts and carried thunder hammers. As the last Marine stepped off the plank the Stormraven pulled back up into the early morning sky then sped away.

"The pilot reports that a huge wave of orks are moving towards the outpost. They should reach the immediate vicinity within the next six hours." said the Blood Saint. "Codicier it is now up to you to open a portal to the warp." Abel looked at Caine then spoke again. "You have been debriefed on how we transition over to other dimensions such as the warp. You must remained focused at all times. One errant thought can lead to a quick and very painful death. Are you ready now?"

"Aye." said the Flesh Tearer. "I've seen some things in my time. I am ready for the fight as are my Marines. Open the warp gate."

The Codicier stepped off from the group pulling loose a shrouded apparatus strapped to his back. The Librarian removed the veil revealing a small device shaped in the sign of infinity. "This is a replica of our Infinity Gate, with it any point in time and space can be accessed." He placed the Gate upon the ground and pushed in the activation rune. It began to hum and the air grew cold and frigid. "It won't be long now. Everyone ready yourselves."

The symbolic figure of infinity began to shimmer and them slowly started to expand, opening up into a circular portal. There was a moaning sound from within the abyss on the other side. The portal continued to open until it was just large enough for a Marine to step through. The Codicier was intent, deep in concentration solely focused on maintaining the continuity of the miniature Infinity Gate. The moaning grew louder and there was also the sound of violent screaming. Breaking off from the side of Abel the Chaplain walked into the void and was swallowed whole as he stepped through to the other side. The moaning stopped for a moment and the sound of the scream rose in pitch. Next the veterans began to step through one by one until they all vanished. Abel looked at Caine pointing towards the portal with the tip of his halberd. The Flesh Tearer uttered a quick prayer to the Emperor and then also stepped through the opening. Caine felt a sudden sense of intense disorientation, it was as if his body was being pulled apart in every direction. There was deep terrible pain then his mind blanket out as he lost consciousness.

+++

Caine came to and his body was prone resting upon a smoldering mound of burning offal. He felt stiff with paralysis and could not move. A dark shadow cast over his body as a great daemon stepped over the burning mound to eye him with a single rotten orb sunk deep into it's ugly maw of a face. Black puss ran down from the scabbed socket and the daemon licked at it sucking in the goo through it's broken fangs. Just the beast began to reach down to grab Caine the black frame of a Marine crashed into the daemon smashing it's face with a huge glowing power fist. The Void Walker struck again popping the single eye wide open with a solid blow to the maw. The power fist opened and clutched the daemon's face ripping it off from the skull. Screaming in anger the beast struck back blindly but the Void Walker had disappeared just as quickly as he arrived. Caine shook his head and rolled to his knees propping himself up on his shield. The Flesh Tearer felt weak and dizzy. Dark spots formed before his eyes clouding his vision. The daemon had run off in mad pursuit of it's assailant. Slowly Caine rose up shaking off the cobwebs as his vision began to clear. The Flesh Tearer quickly looked about to see the rended bodies of his three dead comrades. The other Flesh Tearers had been savagely torn apart, their limbs ripped off and strewn about randomly. Caine cursed as he drew his glaive and headed off in the same direction as the daemon.

Caine followed the trail of gore moving quickly over the heaving ground. Lightning flashed overhead and the air was full of rotten stink. The Flesh Tearer heard the sound of plasma pistols firing from behind a steep hill. Caine ran up the rocky ravine barely avoid slipping on the slick moraine. The sound of gunfire continued and heightened as he made his way up towards the crest. He stood upon the small tableau and looked down to see the Blood Saints veterans trapped between two massive clusters of shambling hordes. The veterans stowed away their guns then lifted their hammers charging headlong into one swarm. They struck hard and fast quickly working their way through the shambling tide of lesser daemons. Caine lifted up his glaive and gave a loud warcry then descended into the battle.

Archived