Question about The First Heretic

Ashur

I finally read it. Beside the fact it is one of the best books of the serie, I have a small doubt.

According to the dramatis personae, Sevatar is the first captain of the night lords. I thought that was the Talonmaster. Am I wrong ?

Also, excelent work on the best sentence ever said in the entire series. I'm talking about the ironic response the IW captain give the WB.

Sevatar is the First Captain before and during the Heresy.

Sahaal is the First Captain right after it.

In 31k-40k, no Legion has a First Captain anymore.

In the Horus Heresy, some people died. Especially on the team that lost. Otherwise, they'd have won.

In the Horus Heresy, some people died. Especially on the team that lost. Otherwise, they'd have won.

:)

Thank you for that A-D-B. Brought a smile to my face.

Hope you write a novel about the fate of sevatar.

He must of been killed quite early after the Night Lords renounced their loyalties.

As Zso was present when the Assassin killed Kurze, and was supposed to of taken the helm of the Night Lords at this point then Sevatar must of gone before that, although when would be a mystery the Night Lords went on a rampage through the Imperium during the Heresy and im abit unsure as to the timeline of when he was killed, during or after the Heresy? (Kurze that is )

The Night Lords were never at Terra were they?

Any help would be greatly received, we know they were present at Istvann and got orders to harass and destroy imperial outposts, and we know at some point they went back home.

He may of perished at Istvann?

What we do need is a dark brooding moody book done by someone capable and get some answers for a change.

Not that i'm a massive fan but the vain glorious nature of the First 3 books and Fulgrim/First heretic in the portrayal of the Primarch and the worshipping that goes on needs a counterweight, ie misery and doom (Perty and Konny)

Thanks for the input ADB, hope you mean we will get to find out, would love to see retribution from the Emperors Champion and thats how Sevatar bites the dust, there have been hints that Sigismund did some pretty heroic deeds and killings and that the Fists went on a crusade to root out the cancerous traitor legions.

We know that the Alphas squared off against the Ultras, the other legions were nursing heavy losses (Wolves?/Iron Hands?/Scars?/) We know that after the crusade the Fists got bit off a bit more than they could chew against the Iron Warriors but what did they do in the meantime?

The Emperors Children and World eaters squared off against each other (Skalathrax)and thats were they both lost their functioning ability and the others not mentioned had already departed to the eye of terror.

So fingers crossed that we get more, more and more.

Kurze was killed after the heresy. Part of me wants to say 200 years after but I don't know why, I'm sure someone else will have a better idea but it's definitely post-heresy.

There's a good gap in which the change over can take place anyway.

Kurze was killed after the heresy. Part of me wants to say 200 years after but I don't know why, I'm sure someone else will have a better idea but it's definitely post-heresy.

There's a good gap in which the change over can take place anyway.

This'll get covered in the Night Lords series, too. I know that, because in Blood Reaver there's a Tsagualsa flashback after the Heresy, where, um, it gets covered.

Not the exact times and dates, but the reaction after Sevatar is gone, and what First Company does in his wake.

how soon can we see Blood Reaver? not to hijack a post though.. Finished First Heretic last week. by far my favorite Heresy Novel so far. Second is Thousand Sons.. but I just picked up Prospero Burns so well see how that does.

• 1 month later...

Just finished TFH, and I can't get off feeling that it's somehow different than other books in HH series. I'd like to hear your thoughts about some points, and some answers...

First of all, I completely lost with all those chapters and captains... There are chapters, divided into companies. Argel Tal was a captain of 7th company of Serrated Sun chapter, but why Kor Phaeron is 1st Captain without chapter?... Or it's just title name, similar to Lord Commander of Emperor's Children or Warsmith of Iron Warriors?

Next one... It absolutely the best description of possession I've ever encountered. I even decided to add few interesting models to my Possessed squads...

But it feels like there are too many facts... It was written somewhere that Ultramarines were the largest legion, but we could only guess it's size by number of second founding chapters, which were about 38 recorded chapters, if I remember correctly. But now we know exact number of Word Bearers, and Ultramarines are a way bigger... Next one, we never knew how mechanicus tech works, it was like "tech, somehow similar to our electronics". But now we know exactly that it really was electronics. We only guessed which Primarch is stronger than other, now we know exactly that Lorgar is weak, Corax is strong enough but he is afraid of Curze. It's understandable after Curze almost killed Dorn, but still... And of course Sevatar made me wonder too :cuss already can't wait to get Blood Reaver and read a bit more about him and Sahaal.

PS: and one last question... wasn't Curze using jump pack?... Or maybe he have one in his personal armoury but was not using it on Istvaan V? Like Corax dropped his one before getting into "Raven's Flight"...

Just finished TFH, and I can't get off feeling that it's somehow different than other books in HH series. I'd like to hear your thoughts about some points, and some answers...

First of all, I completely lost with all those chapters and captains... There are chapters, divided into companies. Argel Tal was a captain of 7th company of Serrated Sun chapter, but why Kor Phaeron is 1st Captain without chapter?... Or it's just title name, similar to Lord Commander of Emperor's Children or Warsmith of Iron Warriors?

I'm more than happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I believe the company numbering is linear throughout the legion (I.E 1-40) with each company belonging to a particular chapter. So where as the seventh company belonged to the serrated sun, they aren't a company of that chapter, but a company affiliated with that chapter.

Hope this helps

Paradill

Certainly didn't get the impression that Corax was afraid of Curze. As to who was stronger of the two, bear in mind Corax had just fought his way through half an army and another Primarch. If he showed any trepidation, it might have been based partly on a degree of fatigue which you wouldn't want going in against another Primarch.

And ive been very happy to accept the clarification from ADB that Lorgar isn't absolutely a weakling, but rather a bit lost through TFH - and that his whomping by Corax is going to be pivotal to him unleashing and realizing his potential.

Corax wasn't afraid of Curze.

he was just being smart.

two against one is not good odds.

Curze knew that it would be a tough fight if he went after Corax alone (even after all the punishment that Corax has had) and that is why he didn't pursue him or stop him from leaving

Archived