librarian Dread

Justin2008

Hey all.

I cant afford to go out and buy the new dread kit, as great is it looks, however I was considering using a scything talon (carnifex or tyranid warrior size), by chopping off the tyranid arm, and fileing it etc, could make my own force weapon out of that for my dread.

What do ya think? Do ya think it would look cool, or stupid?

;)

Even though the kit seems expensive, it is relatively cheap. For the price of a normal vanilla dread you get 3 sarcophagus-fronts, blood talons, a magna grapple and the force weapon, not to forget the shrapnel cannon(sp?). The bits are brilliant and the sheer amount of options a hobbyist's wet dream. I'd say, wait until you got the money and then go for it. ;)

Snorri

Even though the kit seems expensive, it is relatively cheap. For the price of a normal vanilla dread you get 3 sarcophagus-fronts, blood talons, a magna grapple and the force weapon, not to forget the shrapnel cannon(sp?). The bits are brilliant and the sheer amount of options a hobbyist's wet dream. I'd say, wait until you got the money and then go for it. ;)

Snorri

plus you can pick up the black reach dreads pretty cheap from ebay or bitx supliers and with a bit of cutting and greenstuffing use ths spare bitzs to make 3 dreads ;)

Sorry i worded it wrong. I currently have about 18k pts worth of units etc between my 4 armies i have. The majority of it all is not painted, so i will not be buying anymore models untill its all painted, as i got at least 1 of everything that im gonna use.

Iv got a custom made storm raven, dont like DC (got a box for parts though) and like the sound od the lib dread.

Now to save myself £26 which i havnt got as of yet, (got more important things to buy atm - not the wealtheist person going), i could mix an aobr dread i got off a friend for some space wolf parts, and add a carnifex scything talon (il remove the limb and file down the chit part).

Then il add some books and BA/DA icons etc and that will be my lib dread.

Sound better? :)

Archived