Stormraven assembly

mugdava

I'm in the middle of assembling mine. I've put a TLAC Razorback turret on it for you to see how it looks. Please note, the RB turret ring is slightly larger than the SR turret hole so could not get a snug fit without trimming the turret down;

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/Ebsolom/Blood%20Angels%20WIP/DSC03200.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/Ebsolom/Blood%20Angels%20WIP/DSC03199.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/Ebsolom/Blood%20Angels%20WIP/DSC03198.jpg

Hope this helps.

I hate to say it but something like the Tau's grav tank nose sensor system but upside down would look perfect. The turret would be the sensor and the bottom part of the hull would pull back in a sleek-ish look. At least, it would be as sleek as the Imperium can manage.

Door gunners, anyone?

it looks better but the rb turret doens't look right either IMO, it looks out of place...

Agree with this. I will probably be mounting the "turret" on the bottom or making alternate arrangements.

my SR litteraly showed up after typing that... i'm not sure what i'm going to do... i think the problem with the razor turret is that it is just a blob sitting there... i might try moving it back, or building something behing it, more like the thunderhawk.

it looks better but the rb turret doens't look right either IMO, it looks out of place...

Agree with this. I will probably be mounting the "turret" on the bottom or making alternate arrangements.

I remember seeing somewhere that a guy had mounted the turret weapons underneath the wings, I think it was on the corner of where the wing bends after it comes down off the engines...

It looks better than the stock SR to me.

I think what would make the turret look even better is to increase the width and decrease the height of the razorback piece. Think of something more akin to an Eldar wave serpent piece or the Tau Remora.

I don't like the gunner idea. I want something more akin to a Machine Spirit look, maybe with that sensor from the land raider as a foundation.

Am I the only one who likes the turret?

I don't like it. I love it!

Can you just remove the turret without anyone complaining? I mean, the model is easier to hide behind buildings and such without that turret, how much can we modify an existing model without it becoming a rule problem? I guess the turret gives us more advantage by LOS than it gives us problems, but still...

It's too bad I can't afford a stormraven. My army lacks in fast attack, heavy support is already loaded. So next buy is a Baal and a speeder I guess. Too bad we can't get Dreadnoughts in fast attack.

Hmmm... this is interesting. I'm glad you posted the pic with the RB turret... it looks strager than the 'Standard' Turret. It is my understading that the canopy is a clear plastic peice. That stuff is hard to cut, but maybe using some sheet styrene something can be done!

I'm getting my 'raven(s) tomorrow. I'll see what I can come up with... unles I get lazy and just build it as it. I wonder what it looks like with the SR turret without the Vent?

Am I the only one who likes the turret?

No you are not! While the standard turret might not make for the prettyest silhouette, it does make the most sense to me practicaly and adds a bit of "functional beauty" like one might find on a A-10 or AH-64. i.e. it looks like it was designed to blow your face off before it was designed to look pretty as it well should!

Stacking the main weapons on top of each other as GW have done is the ideal position to provide fire support for the occupants as they disembark, and suits deployment like a helecopter gunship as well as a fast flyer, i.e. the standard configuration of weapons is ideal for hovering behind cover and poping up to shoot, not just screaming along like a fighter jet (which is also an option).

Its all about offering a "frontage of doom" and its tallness with the standard turret and "ram air scoop" (the scoop is there to drive/feed the front engines IMHO) helps makes it look more like a towering gunship which for my tastes fits the fluff much better than a sleek clean lined interceptor which some ppl seemed to be expecting.

Its a thunderduck! its not supposed to look like a thunderbolt or even valkyre for that matter, its supposed to resemble a thunderbrick(hawk)!

Still just my tastes at the end fo the day, so convert away!

I will probably get one eventually (for which army who knows heh), and I'll be planning to mount the turret guns on the side, so it is similar to the thunder hawk's heavy bolter turrets. I like the way it looks without anything on top. it suits it better in my opinion.

Archived