Blood Angels and Golgotha?

TheReclusiarch

Hello!

I have a question for you Blood Angels in here! What was the Blood Angels doing on Golgotha, what was their involvement and what was it about? I've tried seraaching the net for information, but have been unable to find anything! Any help would be very useful!

When were the Blood Angels on Golgotha? Are you sure your source is correct?

Demoulius:

Golgotha is the Ork-occupied world where Commissar Yarrick, along with the Fortress of Arrogance, was captured by Ghazgull Thraka. The Cadians later sent a group to retake the Fortress, which they did, though at tremendous cost.

It's listed as a Blood Angels "past" in the Deathwatch book "You were part of Strike Force Bloodhawk, deployed to the insurrectionist world of Golgotha. Perhaps you were in the armoured columns or amongst the Stormraven gunships that smashed through the outer fortress walls."

I'm not familiar with it myself.

Ah, thank you. The key word there is insurrectionist. That means there was a rebellion. The AdMech controlled Golgotha, until it was completely taken over by the Orks. I haven't heard of any rebellions during the AdMech control period, and I doubt it's been recaptured, so I'm going to assume they're talking about a different planet. Also, according to the list of forces in Gunheads, there weren't any marines. If there were, I'm sure they'd be listed, as they are a major part of any commander's force.

Archived