Had paper to draw on once more.

The kiddies’ minds fully sated,

Their creativity nourished,

They grew to run Macragge,

And Ultramar’s people flourished.

And yet more, they thought,

The word “Ultra” we should lose,

Lest we sound like the Blood Angels,

And prance ‘round in Ultra-hats and Ultra-shoes!

And lo and behold,

With the pompous title dropped,

Much hate from the Traitor, Ork, and Eldar,

It all suddenly stopped.

The blue goodies could now realize,

They had never once thunk,

And with their brainy caps on,

Discovered that even their farts stunk.

And all the while they grew,

And with all they came to know,

Far away, to himself,

A son of Dorn grumbled “Told them so.” :lol:

I love it! I have nothing against the Ultras personally, but when true poetry and amazing humor comes along like this, I can't help but to LOL!

However, this will likely herald many "blue boys" showing up on your doorstep to show you a few tricks written on the back cover of the Codex Astartes.

...........So you write a rather unflattering little poem of the Ultramarines and post it up?

Color me unimpressed. I rarely hand out negative reviews, but I think I'll make an exception for this one.

And your reason for dislike is...?

I hadn't thought of you as an Ultramarine defender.

And your reason for dislike is...?

I don't enjoy works that bash other chapters. Even myself when writing chapters I dislike try and give them their due at least.

I hadn't thought of you as an Ultramarine defender.

You don't know me very well do you? I've always rated Ultramarines as my favorite Legion.

I've noticed your not amused, but I think your making a problem out of nothing, Firepower made a poem, you didnt like it, you said so and that should have been the end of it, live and let live mate

I did actually. Then another poster asked me why I did't like it, then I responded to his question. I don't see the problem. When a person asks me a question I feel obligated to respond.

Ahh, unintended consequences. Yeah, I was just feeling a bit snippy, can't recall exactly what but something or another had me doing my usual wardance in my head, and this just seemed like a half clever way to vent. Though I'm all for equality, maybe I'll make this a series of tease-the-chapter once a week :P . My brother Templars could use a little rib jabbing if nothing else.

Or maybe I should just quit while I'm sorta-kinda-slightly ahead :P

I like this. This bit of Seuss-ness. +1 Internets for use of the word "gumption".

I don't read this as Ultra-bashing, it's obviously a light-hearted poke at the boys in blue based on the silly stylings of Dr. Seuss. Looking forward to one about Dark Angels. They could seriously use a bit of cheerful wordplay.

Am I the only one who genuinely wants to know what Ultra-shoes are and where I can get a pair?

Od.

Well, I'm comforted that the feedback is more light hearted than i first felt. No, this was not meant to be a super Ultra-bashing bit. I wouldn't have bothered with prose if I wanted to do that. I'm glad the Seuss vibe was noticed, too: grimcake and ultra-shoes were sort of heavy handed hints :lol: .

Dark Angels sounds good. Maybe a spoof on one fish two fish... ^_^ . i think the Templars will have to go next though, just for the sake of proving my own beloved chapter is not beyond whimsical ridicule.

Gree, it was hardly bashing the Ultras, it's just a bit of fun!

Guess what? I did't see it that way. Nor am I amused.

People seem to have a rather hard time accepting my opinion on this. I have already given it and stated my reasons twice now. I don't see why people keep on bringing it up.

Yeah, sorry Gree. Again, this was not meant to be insulting. If you're not amused, as in you simply didn't find it funny, perfectly understandable. There is no one joke that will make every audience laugh. Likewise, if by "not amused," you mean offended, again, that was not the intent, and I apologize for undue hurt feelings.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion.

I think the problem may be that you started with Ultramarines, the boringly typical scape-goat for all marine ventings. Perhaps if the series had started with a few others before getting to this one it'd contain more amusement in the stylized take.

I'd strongly encourage hitting every first founding chapter in a similar fashion; having a broad title like "Suessian take on Grimdark" to hold it all would be great. Good work on the rhyming though.

Yeah, sorry Gree. Again, this was not meant to be insulting. If you're not amused, as in you simply didn't find it funny, perfectly understandable. There is no one joke that will make every audience laugh. Likewise, if by "not amused," you mean offended, again, that was not the intent, and I apologize for undue hurt feelings.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion.

It's not so much as that. It's that people keep on bringing it up after I thought I resolved the issue and explained my opinion.

I think the problem may be that you started with Ultramarines, the boringly typical scape-goat for all marine ventings. Perhaps if the series had started with a few others before getting to this one it'd contain more amusement in the stylized take.

A very good point, though hindsight is 20/20.

I'd strongly encourage hitting every first founding chapter in a similar fashion; having a broad title like "Suessian take on Grimdark" to hold it all would be great.

A good idea. I'll edit accordingly. I think I'll actually have to go back and read some old Dr. Seuss at some point to draw up enough inspiration to do every 1st founding.

Good work on the rhyming though.

Actually, I still think I was a bit sloppy in some areas, but I'll gladly take the compliment. :(

It's not so much as that. It's that people keep on bringing it up after I thought I resolved the issue and explained my opinion.

I could see how that would be annoying.

Rawr. Would you relax Queen Victoria I was just trying to diffuse the situation.

You should probably check with the doctor for that stick up your butt though.

Not helping man. Really, let him have his opinion, and let my work speak for itself.

Situations have a way of diffusing themselves if you stop poking them with a stick.

Rawr. Would you relax Queen Victoria I was just trying to diffuse the situation.

You should probably check with the doctor for that stick up your butt though.

So in other words you have trouble tolerating other people's opinions even when it's repeatedly stated and explained.

Oh, and making petty insults is not going to help at all.

Archived