Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

According to the leaked Dex there were 2 types of Daemon Hammers, you had Nemesis Daemonhammers for just a few points, and then regular Daemon Hammers for the 3x the price. I'm guessing one will act like the current Daemonhammers in the 3rd Ed dex.

So we still miss that S10 on those 6 squads, and they do not have more than S6 (with HH and Nemesis DHammer), so problems if engaged with dreads and so on..

But dreads can be pretty slow...

I would match it with a group of terminators with a libby attached and use HH, HH, and Might of Titan, giving at least S7 2D6 armour pen and with halberds striking before dreads... B)

S6 is still enough to Glace most Dreads (Ironclads, Furioso's and Soul Grinders excluded).

Seriosuly, Armour isn't going to be any sort of problem, even if infantry only get access to a +1S Hammer type weapon.

Edit: The DreahKnight gets HH as a Psychic Power. Why?

We can assume that as it's our Dreads weapon, a Nemesis Doomfist is a DCCW and doubles STR. So by default our DKs will always have S10 attacks in CC (not including changes for the two melee weapon options. But I can't see them not acting as some sort of DCCW).

S6 is still enough to Glace most Dreads (Ironclads, Furioso's and Soul Grinders excluded).

Seriosuly, Armour isn't going to be any sort of problem, even if infantry only get access to a +1S Hammer type weapon.

We can assume that as it's our Dreads weapon, a Nemesis Doomfist is a DCCW and doubles STR. So by default our DKs will always have S10 attacks in CC (not including changes for the two melee weapon options. But I can't see them not acting as some sort of DCCW).

You can replace the doomfist of doom with a sword or hammer which does something else. The HH is for those weapons I think

you must remember that DK aren't vehicles/walkers etc

i would equate them (rather heretically i suppose) to daemon princes

i doubt that the doomfist is going to behave in the same way as a dccw because of this

there would be no reason to give it hammerhand

my guess? force weapon that retains the same strength or perhaps raises initiative

you must remember that DK aren't vehicles/walkers etc

i would equate them (rather heretically i suppose) to daemon princes

i doubt that the doomfist is going to behave in the same way as a dccw because of this

there would be no reason to give it hammerhand

my guess? force weapon that retains the same strength or perhaps raises initiative

very true... the dreadknight would already do 7+2d6 vs vehicles, what would be the point of bringing it up 3 more strength just so you can more easily take out a monolith? hammer hand is for the monolith occasional encounter.

with all of the ccw on the different dreads in the BA book, this could be a lightning claw weapon, a wolf claw weapon stolen from the SW book, maybe something psycho evil like "Ignores Invulnerable Saves on Daemons". either way since it's two of the same weapons, if you don't swap one, it's +1 attack anyway.

noticed a few "bugs":

• Callidus Polymorphine: since you can target any unit, what armor value arc do you roll damage against if you target a vehicle? it's got an AP so it won't count as "hit back arc" close combat attack.
  • The Jokaero weapon table implies that you MUST add +1 modifier for each extra ape in the squad. it doesn't specify if you have to add +1 when you do re-rolls, in which case taking 5+ Apes will automatically get you NOTHING.
  • Purgation Squad Astral Aim: RAW says that the unit "has a 4+ cover save that can't be modified". "can't be modified probably is there to cancel out stealth, but if the unit already benefits from a better cover save - fortifications, bolstered ruins, or from turbo boosting - does their cover save get downgraded to 4+? If a unit is hit by an incinerator, do they still get the cover save - template weapons ignore cover, but is ignoring cover the same as modifying cover?
  • Purifier's Cleansing Flame - If a friendly squad is engaged with two+ units, and a friendly purifier squad engages a single one of those enemy squads, do all the other enemy squad also get torched? they are all models "part of same "assault" according to "Multiple Combats" in the main rulebook.

If that was the case the DK would have had a different default CC weapon. I can't see the wargear entry for the Nemesis Doomfist saying "This is a DCCW, but on the DK it does nothing...".

What else could it do? As a MC, as said, they already ignore armour saves and deal 2d6 penetration.

[*]Purgation Squad Astral Aim: RAW says that the unit "has a 4+ cover save that can't be modified". "can't be modified probably is there to cancel out stealth, but if the unit already benefits from a better cover save - fortifications, bolstered ruins, or from turbo boosting - does their cover save get downgraded to 4+? If a unit is hit by an incinerator, do they still get the cover save - template weapons ignore cover, but is ignoring cover the same as modifying cover?

IMO not a bug, if they are meant to guide the shots through the warp or whatever the fluff is it's meant to negate cover etc. So yes it downgrades cover :(

~Gil :)

OMG.

Just caught how good Death Cult Assassins have become.

GK WS, Marine S, DE I and 2 power weapons! For 15 points each. With an Invulernable save.

And I thought Bloodletters were good!

These, combined with Crusaders, Weaponsmiths, Warriors, Servitors and Chimeras will make for some *very* good Henchmen builds I feel...

I wonder if the rumored Librarian kit will include GK options...

Phil

I really doubt it since there's no need for anything Grey Knight specific. All the GK-specific elements you could get from the new PA/TA GK boxes. Mix and match and you get your Grey Knight Librarian.

Of course, that's just speculation on my part. The only thing that the kit could include that's not in the aforementioned boxes would be the torso with psychic hood in GK aesthetic.

I wonder if the rumored Librarian kit will include GK options...

Phil

I really doubt it since there's no need for anything Grey Knight specific. All the GK-specific elements you could get from the new PA/TA GK boxes. Mix and match and you get your Grey Knight Librarian.

Of course, that's just speculation on my part. The only thing that the kit could include that's not in the aforementioned boxes would be the torso with psychic hood in GK aesthetic.

One could also argue that Space Wolves don't need their own special boxes for Wolf Guard Terminators and Blood Claws, as they are just Terminators and Assault Marines, respectively, just with some Wolfy bits.

Grey Knights deserve as many plastics as possible, considering how long GW have abandoned us. At least Dark Eldar got recognised in GW supplements such as Battle Missions, and the Apocalypse books.

I for one am excited about the possible inquisition builds with the new henchman profiles.

I am a bit disappointed that LR and SR come default with the psyker stuff but I can fluff that out too.

I for one will be spamming some daemonhosts units.... now to just find some spare tactical marines to daemonise.....

(my 3 current DH are all loyalist terminators)

Has anyone noticed how quickly Orcs and Goblins have faded from the spot light?

I wonder when we'll get info...the ides of march perhaps?

I hope that our release will get the same fanfare as the DE release. I would like to see those videos done for GKs.

I hope that our release will get the same fanfare as the DE release. I would like to see those videos done for GKs.

Grey Knights and the Ordo Malleus don't exist brother - they're a myth....oh look, what's that over there..?

(Quick! Mind-wipe him whilst he's not looking..!)

MR.

Hum... Mad Cow Crazy over a HO wrote this:

Oh yeah, on the latest Eternal Warriors it seems one guy dug around the so called GK leak and it seems the PDF was created in 2009, so it's a VERY early play test version.

I can't personnaly check it (specially here at work with limited computer access), but it might indicate that a lot of stuff has been corrected since, even though people with possibly more recent copies (like HO's Katie Drake) swear it's pretty much all final.

Phil

I for one am excited about the possible inquisition builds with the new henchman profiles.

I am a bit disappointed that LR and SR come default with the psyker stuff but I can fluff that out too.

I for one will be spamming some daemonhosts units.... now to just find some spare tactical marines to daemonise.....

The Malleus will be watching you radical, you are with taint 'I tell u!' :blush:

Naw, really glad you radical guys get some love to, with assassins and a good deal of cool henchmen it can be a very strong build, not only fun/fluffy

The Malleus will be watching you radical, you are with taint 'I tell u!' :devil:

Naw, really glad you radical guys get some love to, with assassins and a good deal of cool henchmen it can be a very strong build, not only fun/fluffy

Yeah, I can see it being a MUCH better list than what I use to run with. Better shooting and CC options there now.

As for being a radical even the great Coteaz is starting to see the light...

Archived