Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

Members of the B&C board,

If I can divert your attention *link removed* if you wanna see (one of the 'versions' of) "CODEX: Grey Knights" for yourselves!!!

The link is to the Red Dragons home page - and provides directions on how to obtain a copy.

Being a Grey Knight player whom was enticed into the hobby by these shiny guys (hey I was eleven, now im nineteen and not a lot has changed)

and i must say i have tears welling in my eyes from only the first 3 pages of this pdf.

enough said.

though i retain the right to change my mind upon further investigation.

Tears of joy or sorrow?

EDIT - Silly me - acting without thinking. Taken the link down in order not to cause controversy with the mods.

Apologies guys. Before any animosity is caused I would be grateful if anyone who directly quoted me could remove the actual html link/address from the quote. Thanks.

EDIT - Thanks again 'the Doctor'.

Interestingly the fluff blurb for Draigo in this playtest .pdf doesn't mention the whole Mortarion thing. I'm sitting here praying to the Emperor that the blurb in this scanned version is the more up-to-date one, cause seriously, that was retarded.

after all that and we still don't know what a Psilencer is.... sigh

Yes, everyone has been very psilent about them. :)

seriously, you wasted your first post on a pun??

get thee to an FAQ!

anyway, Andrew, "Welcome to the fight. This time I know our side will win."

Interestingly the fluff blurb for Draigo in this playtest .pdf doesn't mention the whole Mortarion thing.

Unless you're looking at a different PDF, it does: "He became Supreme Grand Master in the early days of 901.M41... and his first act was to carve his forebear's name upon Mortarion's rotting heart..."

after all that and we still don't know what a Psilencer is.... sigh

Yes, everyone has been very psilent about them. :)

seriously, you wasted your first post on a pun??

get thee to an FAQ!

anyway, Andrew, "Welcome to the fight. This time I know our side will win."

I know I have done wrong, I beg forgiveness from the Inquisition, but I really couldn't resist.

And now to step back on topic, there really seem to be some balance issues, and I think that this is still an earlier playtest, not an almost final version.

Lots of stuff seems plausible, but I'm certain somethings will be adjusted. Still hope they'll all be fearless and WS5, even though deep inside I know it's unlikely.

Unless you're looking at a different PDF, it does: "He became Supreme Grand Master in the early days of 901.M41... and his first act was to carve his forebear's name upon Mortarion's rotting heart..."

Crap, you're right. I was looking in the wrong part (after he was stuck in the Warp). Goddamn it, GW got Ward all over my Grey Knights. How am I gonna clean them now?

I almost always used a squad of GK in 2nd edition, bought an army the day they come out in 3rd and have always considered them my "main" 40k army. Like many of you, I've been waiting years and years for this book, and now I've downloaded this glimpse of the rules and fluff I think I'm done with 40k. It's just lame on so many levels.

I'll still pick the codex up in April just to make sure, but I'm pretty disappointed at the moment.

They way I read that document, GKSS w/ teleporters are still troops (not FA)! Also, now, Draigo, Mordrak, Stern, GKGMs, GKBCs, Brotherhood Champion all have 3++ saves with a NFS!

Now, as for the remaining questions: psyk-out grenades, blind grenades, psychotroke grenades and rad grenade? Empyrian brain mines? Orbital strike relay (at 50pts, it's has to be better than the SM orbital strike...)? Psybolt? Psyflame? Psylencer? Finally: truesilver armour on vehicles?

Damn I love what I'm reading. GKs are going to finally rock!

Phil

Bear in mind that this is a playtest codex, and people like Commissar and Katie appear to be working from the final thing, or near to it. So the FA and Inv saves may well be as they say, not as they appear in the playtest doc.

They way I read that document, GKSS w/ teleporters are still troops (not FA)! Also, now, Draigo, Mordrak, Stern, GKGMs, GKBCs, Brotherhood Champion all have 3++ saves with a NFS!

Now, as for the remaining questions: psyk-out grenades, blind grenades, psychotroke grenades and rad grenade? Empyrian brain mines? Orbital strike relay (at 50pts, it's has to be better than the SM orbital strike...)? Psybolt? Psyflame? Psylencer? Finally: truesilver armour on vehicles?

Damn I love what I'm reading. GKs are going to finally rock!

Phil

this pdf certainly doesn't seem to say GKs with teleporters are no longer troops however given the profusion of people saying that they are fast attack perhaps this isn't the latest rule set? We'll have to see

P>S Where has this +1 invun. save come from for having NF swords?

The other great mystery is the servo-skulls... I wonder what they do that could take up to 3 times for only 5 points each? Certainly not +1 ini because an Ini 8 GKGM for 15 pts would be a steal. A once-per-game re-roll? Add to The Aegis?

Also, I like that an =I= w/ 3 multi-melta servitors used to be 125pts and now you can take an =I= w/ 5 multi-melta in a chimera for the 5pts more (although BS3 instead of BS4, it's still much much better)!

Phil

Has anyone else noticed in that pdf link that the only way to get a psychic hood is through the librarian? Food for thought. Also 5 warrior acolytes with no upgrades is 20 points. TL assault cannon, las or las/plas = 80 points. 100 point scoring unit.

Is it me or are Purifiers more like the kind of units Grey Knights should have been by default. Likely I missed it but I can't remember reading that these guys are fearless and they also get psillencers for free. While I'm disliking much of what I've read, these guys are the one thing that just keep on getting better! Now just to hope that in the final version Brotherhood Champions have an extra wound & base attacks, even at the expense of 10-20+ points. *crosses fingers*

Is it me or are Purifiers more like the kind of units Grey Knights should have been by default. Likely I missed it but I can't remember reading that these guys are fearless and they also get psillencers for free. While I'm disliking much of what I've read, these guys are the one thing that just keep on getting better! Now just to hope that in the final version Brotherhood Champions have an extra wound & base attacks, even at the expense of 10-20+ points. *crosses fingers*

Totally agree. For 24 pts/model, these guys have base 2 attacks, +1 for SB & +1 for charging! For an extra 2 pts/model, they can have halberds and strike at I5. Plus they count as scoring w/ Crowe or via Grand Strategy. Pretty awesome :lol:

From reading Crowe's entry, it seems to me that the FC/Reroll given by the demon sword is actually *for* the attakcing enemy, and not for Crowe and his squad.

Which would be just another point against Crowe.

The normal BC with a 3++ save form the uber wound rerolling NFS seems much better by far, and doesn't nerf your own unit.

:/

Edit: As much a slike the idea of Purifiers as troops, I tihnk I'll avoid Crowe like the Plague and use a mixture of Grand Strategies (for any that don't get used on DreadKnights! :tu:)

I may the only one.. but I love Dragio's fluff. It's the incredibly ridiculous and over the top hiliarity of it that makes him so badarse and I love it. With that said, I'd like to include that judging from that entry that there is a tad sprinkling of tradegy to his fluff that I think gives a little more to his character then "omg:cusspwnzors" of characters like Mephiston or Marneus.. with the first being somewhat of hulk-esque character with little to him other then that he managed to pop out of a pile of rubble(as far as the current BA codex goes) and the second making every other marine wish they were him.

From the Libarian entry it appears that while Grey Knights may not be the "Super pure totally uncorruptible" guys they were before, they still have yet to have one fall to Chaos.

From reading Crowe's entry, it seems to me that the FC/Reroll given by the demon sword is actually *for* the attacking enemy, and not for Crowe and his squad.

Oh dear... You know what, by my read that's true. The Enemy get the bonuses, not Crowe. He's not even an IC either, which kinda confirms it. Darn it! If it stays that way he's not even worth 100 points let alone, 150 points.

From reading Crowe's entry, it seems to me that the FC/Reroll given by the demon sword is actually *for* the attacking enemy, and not for Crowe and his squad.

Oh dear... You know what, by my read that's true. The Enemy get the bonuses, not Crowe. He's not even an IC either, which kinda confirms it. Darn it! If it stays that way he's not even worth 100 points let alone, 150 points. Guess if you take him, you'll have to be sure to be the one doing the charging.

Same here, guess there's a price to pay if you want to carry such weapons. But I still think we'll see a lot of Crowe, having Purifiers as Troops is still a darn good ability.

Archived