Loading up on Dreads.

MaleOpener

Greetings.

I love dreads, and always have, and with the new BA dread release I'm digging out my force.

Is there such a thing as "too many" dreads for a BA list?

What are the best options for them, as I fight against every force type you can think of.

Thanks in advance.

If there is such a thing as to many, then I am guilty. At this moment I have 1 DC dread, 2 AOBR dreads, 1 metal furioso, and 2 old school plastic dreads. I plan on getting a venerable dread kit and at least 3 of the new BA dread kits. you can never have too many!

Some people on Dakkadakka have been working up DoD lists.

Decent of Dreadnoughts!

Astorath

15 DC

3 DC Dreads

3 Furioso Dreads

3 Hvy Dreads

3 5man Razorback squads

stuff like that.

It's a shame we can't put Dreads in fast attack. I mean, Baals, bikes and landspeeders? Come on. Why bother really? I need 1 more heavy support Dread and 4 more DC dreads and then I'm satisfied B)

Furiosos I switch between Libby and regular furiosos, sometimes talons and sometimes fists. Always extra armour. If I'm to pod them down I usually take frag cannon, heavy flamer and magna grapple, that's a can of fun.

DC dreads gets talons most of the time.

HS dreads I tend to give assault cannon/fist, plasma cannon/fist or autocannon/missile launcher. I've tried with plasma/missile too but it didn't feel right somehow.

I've also played this list at 1000pts:

HQ

Librarian, shield, blood boil

Elites

Librarian Furioso, shield, wings

Librarian Furioso, might, wings

Librarian Furioso, might wings

Troops

Assault squad in razor, flamer, melta bombs

Assualt squad in razor, flamer, melta bombs

Heavy support

Dreadnought, plasma cannon

Librarians are fun, dreadnoughts are fun, why not combine them?

Im running 2-6 dreads in most lists ATM, and ive always included at lest one.

I love dreads, my MoTF (yes, my chapter has one and no he cant be fielded ;) ) is a dread, my companies first captain is a dread and my Chapters first Master is a DC dread.I like dreads..alot.:)

Is there such a thing as "too many" dreads for a BA list?

12 is too much:)

Not in Apocalypse! :-D

I really still wish we got a Dreadnought Character as an HQ option.. An old and wise Furioso that is one of the advisors of Dante as described in the fluff.

I mean, even if just to be able to relive the battle when the Orkz tried to storm the Chapter Monestary and faced all Dreadnoughts of the Blood Angels.

Ohhh... HQ Dread with an option: Make Furioso Dreadnoughts Troop Choices.. they will of course be non scoring but still!

Thanks for the replies. I had no idea there are some crazy players out there ;D

@Judaz ~ Love that list, and its so tempting to try :)

Having gleaned some good pointers, I can't wait to sit down with the BA codex.

Anyone else?

I currently have 2x DC dreads, 1x Furioso w/ Frag cannon and 1x Librarian dread built and painted with another DC dread and 2x Furioso's awaiting construction and paint. I have used 2 DC dreads in pods for a couple of years now and they are absolute murder once they get stuck in, even moreso with the new(ish) blood talons. Admittedly they don't always make it into combat but the vast majority of the time they have wrecked face :)

Archived