Plastic scouts' heads replacements

In short - I hate the plastic scouts' heads, they look like some Neanderthals with those overgrown jaws and low brows, so I'm looking for some replacements. I tried regular marine bare heads, but they are a little too big IMO, so I guess I have to broaden my search. Any suggestions?

Or maybe someone here has some idea how to remodel the original heads to make them look less apelike?

a more expensive way would be to use tactical marines, but gear them up as scouts, lose the helm, backpack, shoulder pads,

another option would be to just file the heads back, and i agree scout heads remind me of apes, hence why i shipped them off and fed them to ebay :). got a nice 45 dollars for it which went towards my new brushes and paints

Belive it or not I used a cadian IG helemted head it works quite well with scout armour and gives your scouts helemts added bonus :) il see if I can get my camera working an show you the one I did as I agree the scout heads are alright but need more veriation personally.

I know about metal ones - I like them better too, but they're not suitable everywhere - I have two plastic crewmen in LSS who need some heads and there's only 2 metal snipers, so I need at least 3 more to form a sniper squad.

You can make the Scout heads somewhat presentable by fileing the jaw a bit with a round ended needle file. But this does little to solve their constipated expressions... The Cadian command sprue is your best GW bet...but the WH fantasy Empire have a few good heads and Hasslefree have some good heads but you need a little sculpting knowledge to do some hair...They are all a bit bald.

The issue with the scout heads in that they lack a neck. Telion has a neck and he looks awesome. As for size, yes they are a tad large, but with a neck (a slight piece of plasticard or spacer or something) and they should look fine. Bare marine heads look good, although they 1. look a bit veteran, 2. have PA neck ribbing which you need to do something about.

Archived