Perturabo and the Lion

Candleshoes

Just finished this and have enjoyed reading others opinions, but I have to agree that for a tacticaal genius, giving the siege weapons to a brother who could fall more easily than they'd expected of Horus seems like a huge plot mistake.

He better be up to something!

but I have to agree that for a tacticaal genius, giving the siege weapons to a brother who could fall more easily than they'd expected of Horus seems like a huge plot mistake.

Giving the siege weapons to the siege expert is perfectly tactically viable. Not anticipating that the siege expert would be a traitor has nothing to do with tactics.

Legatus - it really depends how you define tactics. I understand your perspective but for me - The siege Master is a piece on the tactical map of this rebellion/war. As such, facets OF that piece should be a measured part of any tactical consideration. Its the same to me as thinking - well those units arn't fearless so might run away. Their propensity to act a certain way is a tactical consideration here and I see no difference with the Lion considering his move with Perturabo.

why are people saying that Jonson has turned or is planning to turn after reading Fallen Angels?

i've just read it and saw nothing of the kind

he wants to be Warmaster but that is it.

he gave his all to prevent Horus from getting the siege engines and only gave them to Perturabo because he thought he was still loyal and was gonna use it against Horus.

Archived