Lucius's (Raven) Batreps

@The above ^ : Yeah i know :D

Anyway, it is about time i wrote up the game i won :P on thursday night. All ye need to know about the first is i lost 18-2 :D

Well his list was the following:

Rune Priest w/ Tempests Wrath?, Jaws( In reserved Rhino)

Rune Priest w/ Living Lightning, Jaws

4 x Wolf Guard w/ 2 x Combi-Melta's, Power Fist, 2 x Combi Plasma (I think he had four and i think 2 were just Plasma, Can't Remember)

2 x 5 Grey Hunters, Plasma Gun, Las/Plas Razor

2 x 8 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Rhino, Banner (1 of these squads is in reserve)

2 x MM/HF Landspeeders (Separate Units)

2 x Dreadnoughts w/ 2 Twin Linked AutoCannons

2 x 5 Long Fangs w/ 4 Rockets

1 x 6 Long Fangs w/ 2 Las, 3 Rockets

I used a slightly modified list which had HG instead of Termies and a second Furioso.

N.B:

Mehpiston is being proxied by Astorath

and

These are my ravens and switched from a raider to Monolith half-way due to borrowing a mates raider for the game:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000182.jpg

Game: Kill Points, Pitched Battle, He wins Roll-Off for First turn and takes the edge with the longest bit of cover for his long Fangs, none of my units gets angry :(

His Deployment:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000183.jpg

His Reserves are to the right while the infantry is whats in the deployed vehicles:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000184.jpg

I reserve my whole army.

1st Turn:

He shuffles his army a bit and pokes the dreads half way out of cover.

Nothing for me.

2nd Turn:

One of the Landspeeders comes in and boosts up 24 to half to board. Rest is still in reserve.

Again he shuffles his army a smidgen, moves his dreads infront of his two Las/Plas' and the dreads Pop Smoke.

I Roll for my reserves and get everything in :P . Ravens Boost 24 up the right flank together and my priests assault squad lands in front of one of his Long fang squads and scatters 5" towards them but is just out of 1".

My second squad is placed to the left of my first placed squad and scattters 6" into their friendly squad and Mishaps :

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000186.jpg

Luckily I roll a 5 and they go back in reserve.

My shooting starts off with my Priests squad shooting 1 of the 4 Rocket long fangs and kills 3 of them (3 Rockets), He passes his check. The ravens combine the fire of both their assault cannons and kill 5 of the Lascannon squad and the lone Lascannon(er) Flees 7" but is just on the table. My Ravens Ignore the landspeeder that is right next to them.

Turn 3:

His reserves do not come in.

Speeder Jumps over the building behind the Raven ready to shoot, nothing pops smoke.

His remaining 4 rocket long fang squad manages to Immobilize Mephy's Ravens, wrecking it. Mephy piles out to the right so is out of line of sight of theLas/Plas's and the Dread faces its front armour to the Landspeeder:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000187.jpg

Landspeeder pops a shot at the dread with its Multi-Melta, pens and rolls a............................. 1. Las/Plas's fire their lascannons at the remaining raven stunning it but i have Extra Armour. The Long Fangs and the dreads combine their fire on the remaining raven and manage a.................................. weapon destroyed! <_< :

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000188.jpg

. This is all his shooting for this turn. I am delighted at this stage as my raven will now be in his lines!

My previously mishapped squad comes in and lands next to one of the dreads but scatters back 5 but is still in normal range for melta:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000189.jpg

Raven with HG and Dread moves up 12 and Unloads its cargo:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000191.jpg

Meph Flies 12 towards the Dreads and Fleets 5" (which he needed).

Priests squad jumps behind the long fangs cover ready to charge. Furioso dread that is stunned moves towards the Speeder:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000192.jpg

Furioso at his lines fires his meltagun at the rune priests rhino but wrecks it and the lads pile out the back out of assault range and passes their pinning check :huh:

The non-Pinned lads:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000193.jpg

Raven fails to do any damage with his Assault Cannons.

Meph assaults one of the dreads and does not cast any powers so he can stay in combat and not get shot but does glance once and blow off one of the Autocannons. HG charge the other dread and fail to do anything and are stuck in combat. Furioso at the back charges the Land Speeder and blows off the Multi-Melta.

Priests squad wipes out the long Fangs squad that were in the cover.

Turn 4:

This is how his lines looked at the start of his turn after his reserves came in:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000194.jpg

Rhino squad comes in near my priests assault squad:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000195.jpg

His damaged landspeeder Turbo's 24" away from my dread, Las/Plas squads move 6 in their razors as they have no targets to shoot.

His landspeeder that came in 6" on his board edge rolls to hit my Dread with the MM and rolls a 1 <_<

The rest of his shooting from the las/Plas' and the long fangs takes down the remaining raven wrecking it (the model is now a monolith)

His rune priest cast tempests wrath on my priests squad and i take no casualties.

Now came his fatal and game-ending mistake for him: His other Rune priests squad (from the wrecked rhino) charges my assault squad and draws the combat with both units losing 2-3 guys. if he had not done this he would not have lost the game as i would not have moved so my priest wouldnt die in the dangerous terrain.

Meph casts Str 10 and re-rolls to hit, both of which get through his rune priests staff thingy and wrecks the dread consolidates 5" towards the priests assault squad. HG again handbag their attacks and are gain stuck in combat:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000197.jpg

My turn 4 and my assault squad without the priest moves up towards the razorbacks and makes a conga line. Dread pops smoke and does not move as he has plenty of targets. Meph flies 12" towards my stricken priests squad:

(He's behind the Landspeeder here:)

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000198.jpg

My shooting involves my assault squad wrecking one of the las/plas' and the squad being pinned on the other side.

My assaulting involves meph charging the grey hunters and killing 4. all that is left in that squad is the rune priest and power fist. Rune priest bags my priest.HG and dread again handbag and stay locked in combat (this is where i decied to have 2 Power Fists in The squad).

He calls the game here as it is 5-3 to me and there is no way for him to win or draw as i would gain another 3 in his next turn. His fatal mistake was charging the priests squad that were in dangerous terrain.

Sorry for bad pic quality using my phone and was just taking quick snaps.

Also here is my other furioso chilling in my back lines behind the first wrecked Raven:

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/Spanner6054/WP_000200.jpg

What did ye think of the game and what did i do wrong/right?

Well, bagged another 2 wins today, both against a friends biker list which he is bringing to the masters. The first game I was pretty much going to table him on my T5 and in the second game I did table him on my turn 5.

So since I started running ravens last Sunday I have played 7 games and the tally is : W/D/L : 7/0/1. Quite happy with theme ravens

Hopefully! I'm planning on heading up to Gaelcon and I'd imagine you'd be there so I'll try and do well enough to get a game against ya :P

Sweet. Gaelcon is always great. You seem to have found a nice balance for your army. Should be an interesting match up , I've made a few changes to my list as well :P

Right so heres the 2nd BatRep:

Command squad moves toward the raven while termies stay put. Termies open up on my Raven and score 3 Pens of which i fail all 3! :lol: Raven explodes and the dread bounces out with the termies in front to try and get cover. Crusader squads now open up on my Dread and Wreck it as the termies were not enough to cover half the dread <_< . Even AV13 is Fallible to 2 Rockets. Command squad laces into the termies killing 2 with bad rolling on my part. Assault Cannons tear into my Assault squad and kill 4 with 1 Rending and me failing three 3+ saves. Both the assault squad and termies pass Ld checks. Command Squad charges the Termies and priest and destroys them consolidating 5" into the ruin nearby. Not a good turn for me...............

My turn 3 and Mephy's raven and the priests assault squad comes in. I move the raven 12 up to the command squad and drop off Mephy. Priests assault squad runs 1" while the 6 man RAS moves next to the scouts ruin. Raven fires off its assault cannons into the and Melta into the Cyclone termies but all are saved. Mephy charges the command squad, gets off rage+sword and puts one attack on the Marshall who bites the dirt after failing the one 3++. Mephy's other 5 attacks then wipe out the command squad and he consolidates 5" behind a ruin.

I am a little confused on the second battle rep. All shooting is declared at the same time. Since the command squad blew up your raven on this turn, how did he take out the dread that was in the Raven? It would not have been a viable target when he would have had to declare his shooting.

No that would make no sense.ONE unit fires at the same time. I.e a dev squad cannot blow up a rhino with lascannons then shoot the contents with plasma cannons as shooting happens at the same time per unit. In my game termies destroyed the raven then crusader squads killed the dread.

Oh, what have you changed in yours? I have another game against Stormy's wolves as he wanted a best out of 3 on thursday night as well as a game agianst Hugh's BT so should be an interesting night

Well my new list looks like this...

Hq

Libby ( blood lance and Shield powers) 100pts

Elites

5 th/ss Termies. 225pts

Furioso dread with blood talons and extra armour. 140pts

Furioso dread with blood talons and extra armour. 140pts

Troops

5 Assault marines , ( removed jump packs ) with meltagun. 165pts

twinlinked assault cannon razorback

5 Assault marines , ( removed jump packs ) with meltagun. 165pts

twinlinked assault cannon razorback

5 Assault marines , ( removed jump packs ) with meltagun. 125pts

Rhino

5 Assault marines , ( removed jump packs ) with meltagun. 125pts

Rhino

Heavy Support

Stormraven Gunship with extra armour . twinlinked assault cannon and twinlinked multimelta. 215pts

Stormraven Gunship with extra armour . twinlinked assault cannon and twinlinked multimelta. 215pts

Predator with autocannon turret and lascannon sponsons. 135pts

Total 1750pts

I've dropped the baal predator from the list ( wasn't doing much besides acting as scout protection against guard) , replaced the lascannon razorbacks with twinlinked assault cannons , got another troop choice and another melta into the list, while retaining the same number of armoured targets ( for a drop in surviability ) and for a gain in scoring units and melta.

Nice, yeah i didnt think the lone Baal would work in your list. I think it would have to be 2 Baals or 2 Preds which of course you can't do as Heavy is Full. The new list looks a lot more rounded and should perform well in Objective games and hope you don't have a repeat of your game against BT :D

*EDIT : Also JamesI i will write up the next battle i play against them as the games from sunday have slipped from my ind and as i played two games against them in 1 day i cannot remember specifics as they're confuddling

Nice, yeah i didnt think the lone Baal would work in your list. I think it would have to be 2 Baals or 2 Preds which of course you can't do as Heavy is Full. The new list looks a lot more rounded and should perform well in Objective games and hope you don't have a repeat of your game against BT :)

*EDIT : Also JamesI i will write up the next battle i play against them as the games from sunday have slipped from my ind and as i played two games against them in 1 day i cannot remember specifics as they're confuddling

I know , Dam Bts! :)

Got a game tonight so will see how it performs.

I.e a dev squad cannot blow up a rhino with lascannons then shoot the contents with plasma cannons as shooting happens at the same time per unit.

Long fangs can . zou target something with 3 RL pop transport .. then your unit piles out and then he can declare shoting with the other two dudes [which may have for example have 2 plasma canons].

I.e a dev squad cannot blow up a rhino with lascannons then shoot the contents with plasma cannons as shooting happens at the same time per unit.

Long fangs can . zou target something with 3 RL pop transport .. then your unit piles out and then he can declare shoting with the other two dudes [which may have for example have 2 plasma canons].

Not so even for long fangs. All shooting is done at the same time from one unit. So everything has to fore at the transport. If however there targetting the lascannons at a vehicle and plasma cannons at a termie unit then that's perfectly legal, not so with what your saying.

I know , Dam Bts! ;)

Got a game tonight so will see how it performs.

Give us a shout on how it performs. I have another game against Stormbrow II wolves tomorrow as well as against BT. Stormy wants to see who can get the best out of 3 as we're on 1 win each. I'll be throwing up that game on friday as well

Well, today went well. Did not get the game against BT's ad my opponent didn't show (wuss) but I did get 2 games in against Stormbrow II wolves as he wanted to see who could get best out of 3. I won both games barely losing anything. Through the 2 games he fired over 50 str 8 + 7 shots against my ravens and through those 2 games all they did was in the second game, immobilize 1 and wreck the other.

In the first game he conceded on my assault phase in my turn 3 and in the second game he conceded in his assault phase on his Turn 3 :P :)

So after tonights game my twin raven list is at 9W/0D/1L

pretty happy with them ravens so far :P

Ya, them Ravens are a balls when your suck-ass dice refuse to roll over a 2 when you manage to pen a vehicle. I've thrown out a couple already, although I'll be taking a hammer to the bad ones next time. Like I said before the game, my bad luck playing games in my place is legendary so I'm not too pushed about it.

I know how to beat your list fairly easily: roll 4's when you pen and 6's when you glance against the Ravens and hopefully do it in Turn 1 or 2 at the latest. Its tactical genius I tells ya. Oh, and don't bunch units up when there's 2 of them nearby, especially when your Long Fangs decide to go senile for a few games...

That would be an illegal move your opponent pulled on you! Yes, the Long Fangs can split fire, but as other people have stated, a unit MUST declare ALL its shooting at the SAME time. So if he wanted to split fire, he could have called the SR and then another unit that was on the table already; not the dread that was coming out of the SR. You cannot shoot a vehicle and then shoot the passengers. That would mean that his unit did not fire at the same time as the rule states, but he shot part of his squad first, then part of it second. He must choose targets that are already available on the table, not passengers from a vehicle that is about to be destroyed. The key word for this would be simultaneous fire from a squad.

When using Long Fangs, the question the user must always have in mind is, "can i shoot at that target before any of my Long Fangs in this unit fire?" if not, then he cannot split fire unto that unit. We had the same problem here with some Space Wolf players...... especially those that were running 3 units of 2xMC 2xPC.

Ya, them Ravens are a balls when your suck-ass dice refuse to roll over a 2 when you manage to pen a vehicle. I've thrown out a couple already, although I'll be taking a hammer to the bad ones next time. Like I said before the game, my bad luck playing games in my place is legendary so I'm not too pushed about it.

I know how to beat your list fairly easily: roll 4's when you pen and 6's when you glance against the Ravens and hopefully do it in Turn 1 or 2 at the latest. Its tactical genius I tells ya. Oh, and don't bunch units up when there's 2 of them nearby, especially when your Long Fangs decide to go senile for a few games...

Essentially thats it. Stormravens can be summarised in the following quote from Dirty Harry: "Feeling lucky punk?"

Archived