Deathwing Apothecary Question

Makers

So I'm looking at running a:

Upgraded Deathwing Terminator Squad (5#, 290 pts)

4 Upgraded Deathwing Terminator Squad, 290 pts (Narthecium; Deathwing Company Banner; Narthecium/Reductor; Terminator Armor; Lightning Claws (pair) x2; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x2; Cyclone Missile Launcher; Apothecary; Standard Bearer)

1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Infantry; Terminator Armor; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield; Deathwing Assault; Fearless)

For My main Belail Unit.

My question is, With the Apothecary Upgrade, Am I able to give him a TH&SS or does he have to have the Narthecium and Storm Bolter?

I assumed so, I just haven't seen any models of Apoths with TH&SS.

Mainly because it has only just recently become popular to use TH/SS Deathwing at all due to the FAQ. I have plans for one myself, but my current on is actually SB/PF.

Brother Raphael, here, mugged Fabius Bile down a dark alley and stole pieces from his backpack:

gallery_34145_4873_467284.jpg

The arms are magnetized; I can paint a TH/SS pair if it becomes an issue. Anyway, this puts the Narthecium/Reductor on the body, so you can do whatever you wish with the arms.

There is no terminator apothecary model, you will have to do a conversion of some sort. Fabius Bile is the only option I know of for pieces that can be mounted on the body. For standard Apothecary bits, you will have to check auction sites or bits vendors.

The nice thing about a conversion is that there is no one way to make the model - decide how you want to do it and put it together. Do whatever works for you.

I used a chainfist hand as a basis, glued a ravenwing wing on there, a laspistol (without the barrel) and the cut a thunder hammer up so there was no hand holding it.

That I then fitted (With some cutting) into the chainfist hand.

So he has the chainfist with gadgets on it (Painted white) for doing his apothecary stuff. He holds the thunderhammer for smashy stuff and the other arm is the Space hulk stormshield arm which is conveniently on the other side. :-)

For added bonus you could mount a light on the terminator from the ravenwing sprue kit as the power armoured model has it mounted on the backpack.

And there you have it, my recipie for a TH&SS apothecary.

(Pics will come once I work on my vow.)

What other models beside fabius bile can be mugged for a narthecium?

Havent found any terminator apoth model so im guessing it has to be converted..

You don't actually need to buy Fabius... The Chaos bits section on teh GW site has what you need:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1860240

Good buy for DA players as it comes with 4 Cypher backpacks as well.

I don't think anyone will be fussy enough to actually insist the Narthecium is actually modeled will they ?

I previously used the Narthecium from the Space Marine command box on my old Apothecary, the new TH/SS version will just get white shoulder pads and the Apothecary symbol transfered on.

I don't think anyone will be fussy enough to actually insist the Narthecium is actually modeled will they ?

I previously used the Narthecium from the Space Marine command box on my old Apothecary, the new TH/SS version will just get white shoulder pads and the Apothecary symbol transfered on.

As long as the Apothecary is easily identifiable, it should be fine without the Narthecium.

What other models beside fabius bile can be mugged for a narthecium?

Havent found any terminator apoth model so im guessing it has to be converted..

You don't actually need to buy Fabius... The Chaos bits section on teh GW site has what you need:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1860240

Good buy for DA players as it comes with 4 Cypher backpacks as well.

You sir are my new personal hero (Until someone else find something that is :D )

Good find!

Archived