Adeptus Marine Shoulder Pad Question + more Q's

Kronk

1. If I put the shoulder pad that comes on the space marnine vehicle sprue on one shoulder (the gear and skull shoulder pad), what would go on the other shoulder? I was thinking of running a squad as a tactical squad from the Space Marine codex for grins and giggles, but I wasn't sure what they would wear on the other shoulder. The Tactical Squad Icon? Something to do with Mars or Terra?

Fluff Question.

2. Does the Adeptus use part of the Gene Seed Tythe from the Space Marine chapters to fill their Adeptus Marine Ranks?

3. Would Red and Black be their primary colors?

4. I'd use bionic bits (ala Iron Hands) on the sergeant and perhaps the special weapons guys. Are Tactical Squads the most likely interpretation for Adeptus Mechanus? I have plent of Sternguard already. Bikes seem like an obvious choice, but I don't run them. Any other thoughts for a unit?

5. Does the Adeptus have a Chapter Master or Master of the Forge or would they follow a command structure similar to the IG?

Thanks!

heya, newbie here, but gonna try and help,

The AdMech isn't allowed their own Adeptus marines, though IIRC there was a chapter they were grooming fo rthemselves, but i can't remember the name.

I believe the colours would be primarily black and red, with bits of white and brass, at least that's what i've seen around.

rules wise, I know a lot of people run AdMech as Witch hunters rather than marines, but I wouldn't know what to count as, tac squads as Pretorians maybe? or sternguard as pretorians, tac squads as Skiitari.

chapter master/MoTF would be some Mogos or around that, maybe an explorator if it was an expiditionary force to go seek out new life and new civili... no, wait, wrong group, I mean, go plunder STC.

hope my rambling helps a bit.

i used to do this for my veterans squads back in 3rd & 4th edition.

Officially, the adeptus Mechanicus has no marine chapters under the its guard...officially.

But the mechanicus is a race apart from the rest of the Imperium, with their own government, resources, secrets

there are those chapters who have tight relationships with the mechnanicus, such as the Iron Hands or Steel Confessors...but who's to say they haven't explored the biological capabilities of Astartes foundings...particularly in some of the more mysterious -record-lost millennia?

• 1 month later...

Hello

And, of course, the AM trains the techmarines of the other chapters. No good reason why they couldn't field those trainees together in combat from time to time...

I look at it as a rapid reaction force that can be quickly deployed to carry out missions that skitarii are too slow for - e.g. to secure a site with interesting technology until reinforcements turn up.

Humorously I used red, black and gold, a happy accident, because I chose the scheme before I knew of the AM's official colours, and lots of techmarines and bionic bits from the Iron Hands boxed set.

• 4 weeks later...

I've recently gotten my hands on several Adeptus Mechanicus shoulder pads and techmarine servo arms. I was thinking about doing a tactical squad with these guys or something (Like I said in my original post).

Hello

And, of course, the AM trains the techmarines of the other chapters. No good reason why they couldn't field those trainees together in combat from time to time...

Fluff Question: How are Techmarines trained. Do they report to the Adeptus Mechanicus for study then return to their Space Marine Chapter? Do they all have to serve on Mars or some other forgeworld as an apprentice marine? If so, would there be a group working together (like a Space Wolf, a Crimson Fist, and a Black Templar)?

Edited by Kronk

Yes, they are sent to the Mechanicus for thirty years, if I remember correctly(if not, try ten or fifteen), of instruction, after which they are sent back to their chapter as fully fledged techmarines. They have a split loyalty of Machine Cult and chapter.

Here is a work in progress for a Black Templar Techmarine. I swore I wouldn't do another because of how long it takes me to paint red.

A I said, it's a work in progress. When I paint that much red, I do pink first. Then, I go over in red. So, here is the pink undercoat. You can see the other Black Templar techmarine that I did next to it. That's the red I'm going for as I painted him the same way. This guy has a servo-arm, a combi-melta, and a power weapon. The right hand is bionic, and I used the space marine commander head with the bionic-eye.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/bwtodd/Minis/Warhammer/2011/Techmarine2.jpg

And here is the back pack and another view on the servo-arm.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/bwtodd/Minis/Warhammer/2011/Techmarine.jpg

I'll post the finished pictures when I'm done. I'd like to do a squad of these. Like the Adeptus Mechanicus sent some techmarine initiates to recover some data files or some other sacred text or device. They'd be akin to a DeathWatch squad where the make-up would be 2 guys at most from different chapters, but all wearing their techmarine garb.

Edited by Kronk

• 2 weeks later...