Mk2 scout thread

greatcrusade08

thanks for the comments and support guys.

did anyone get a chance to listen to febs issue of 40kradio? the 40k tactica segment was particuarly interesting

I like your Shrike-counts-as. At first I thought that was an overhead auxiliary grenade-launcher!

yeah its shrikes jump pack, i didnt like the model but the backpack was cool.

ive almost finsihed my first command squad model, i have the rest built, including a kitbashed counts as khan, pics in the next day or two

• 1 month later...

quick bump, just thught id use this thread to showcase my latest form of modified scout the MKIII

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/004-19.jpg

this is for my counts as SOB project, as always C+C welcome

Are these guys to represent full Astartes using lighter armour for scout work?

no, they are still scouts

these chaps will reprisent SOB so have BS, S and T of 3.. if we get too bogged down into the fluff it can get hard to explain.

its more of a fun counts as conversion type project, the whole SOB army will be reprisented with scouts, i gave them the helmets to reprisent the better armour save is all

I'm continually impressed by your seemingly boundless love for and innovation of SM Scouts. The work only gets better and better. Just when I thought I had been sufficiently floored by the excellent conversion of your LSS models (not to mention the vehicles themselves), I must admit that I am absolutely in love with that latest kneeling scout. I know that may seem a bit ironic considering my comment on one of your other bolter-embracing models, but the body positioning of this last one works impeccably with the reload motion. The whole conversion just looks so :cry: cool, especially the vambraces and extra armour. The helmet choice and posturing coupled with the base really capture the focused hunter in his element. Great work!

thats great praise thanks InquisitorHayn, i do actually remember the constructive criticism on my other reloading model.

it was part of the rason i wanted to use the kneeling pose for the same arms.

just shows that true constructive criticism (read helpful advice) does work, thanks man

Archived