Deathguard vs Ultramarines 1500 points

Battle Report 12 Feb 2011, 1500 points – Deathguard vs Ultramarines.

Capture and Control mission with Dawn of War deployment.

Nurgle’s Legion

Poximullion – Chaos Lord, Mark of Nurgle, Plaguebringer, Daemonic Mount

Faecal Dipterous – Daemon Prince, Mark of Nurgle, Wings, Wind of Chaos

Squad I – 7 Plaguemarines with Plague Champion and Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns, Rhino

Squad II – 7 Plaguemarines with Plague Champion and Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns, Rhino

Squad III – 7 Plaguemarines with Plague Champion and Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns (accompanied by Poximullion in Landraider)

Squad VI – 5 Plaguemarines with Plague Champion and Powersword, 2 Meltaguns

Landraider, Daemonic Possession

Ultramarines

Captain, Powersword

Dreadnought, Multimelta

Terminator x 6

Sternguard x 5, Sergeant with pair of Lightning Claws, Plasma Gun, Meltagun, Rhino

Assault marines x 5, Sergeant with Power weapon and Storm Shield, Plasma pistol

Land Speeder, Heavy Bolter

Tactical squad x 10, Missile launcher, Flamer (broken up into 2 Combat Squads)

Tactical squad x 10, Missile launcher, Flamer (broken up into 2 Combat Squads)

Scout squad x 5, Heavy Bolter

Devastator squad x 5, Lascannon, Plasma Cannon, Multimelta, Heavy Bolter

Deployment.

Looking at the map the orange areas are Difficult Ground. Light blue is the River, light green Jungle, dark green are Hills, the symbol in the middle is a big stautue. Most Squads are represented by a rectangle, whilst Rhinos are are rectangle standing on end. Landspeeder is a triangle, the dreadnought is the boxy looking symbol. The big stars are the objectives and the diamonds are the HQ independant characters etc. Yellow clouds are the plague spew or Wind of Chaos. Photo of statue below ('cause I think it is cool even if the photo isn't great).

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd260/Lycandal_the_Fading/SkullRock004.jpg

The Ultramarines had been tasked to probe ahead, locate the possible location of a Warp Gate that the Plaguemarines had been trying to activate. They had also set-up a small depot from which they would base their operations from. Brother Captain Justiniaus led two Tactical Squads forward and deployed them into 4 Combat Squads covering the small river and large jungle area along the river. Faecal Dipterous had felt the encroaching approach of the Loyalist scum and quickly organised 2 squads of Plaguemarines into their Rhino’s ready to take battle to the Loyalists.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd260/Lycandal_the_Fading/Nurgles%20Legion%20vs%20Ultramarines%201500%20points/Slide2.png

Turn 1.

Brother Arcandi led his Combat Squad forward to the edge of the jungle, scouting ahead of the main Ultramarine force. He spotted two putrid coloured Rhino’s and a Daemon Prince to his immediate front, he felt his impending doom approach, but mentioned nothing to the other 4 Brothers. Brother Captain Justiniaus led another Combat Squad through the thick jungle, as his Devastator squad and Dreadnought arrived. Their aim was to take the steep hill on his left flank and cover the approaches to his supply depot. On his right flank the Terminators advanced, whilst a Land Speeder and the Stern Guard, in their Rhino, covered the centre ground.

Brother Arcandi then spotted the filth covered Landraider approach from the rear of the Plaguemarines deployment area, and then Faecal Dipterous was upon his Combat Squad. A huge projected stream of acidic vomit covered his Brothers and 3 of them fell. The remaining 2 were cut down as the Daemon Prince eviscerated them with his claws before smashing its way into the thick jungle. The Plaguemarine Rhinos advanced at full throttle, Squad II deploying smoke to cover their advance. Squad VI advance through the jungle to cover the immediate area around the Warp Gate.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd260/Lycandal_the_Fading/Nurgles%20Legion%20vs%20Ultramarines%201500%20points/Slide3.png

Turn 2.

Brother Captain Justiniaus called in for his Scouts and Assault Marines to deploy. The Scouts arriving close to the Warpgate, shooting a Plaguemarine dead and engaging the remainder in a fierce and protracted melee. The Assault Squad landed in front of the advancing Plaguemarine Rhinos, the Sternguard deploying from their Rhino covered their rear. Squad 2B advanced slightly, whilst the Devastator Squad advanced into a covering position on the steep hill, offering a spectacular view of the advancing traitors below them. The Dreadnought made its move to supply additional combat power to the centre of the battlefield. The Terminators continued their slow advance through the jungle, intent on supporting the scouts and destroying the Warpgate.

Faecal Dipterous advanced and spewed some of the contents of his stomach over the Assault marines before charging into their ranks, none of the m fell and they managed to wound the disgusting monstrosity. Poximullion led Squad III from the Landraider and into the Sternguard. Two fell to Meltagun shots, the remainder to the lightning quick reflexes of Poximullion and his extremely venomous Plaguebringer (He rolled 6 for the Daemon Weapon!). Squad III attempted to take cover behind the Sternguard Rhino, stumbling in awe of the combat prowess of Poximullion.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd260/Lycandal_the_Fading/Nurgles%20Legion%20vs%20Ultramarines%201500%20points/Slide4.png

Turn 3.

The Land Speeder, Dreadnought and Terminators continued their advance. The Sternguard Rhino Tank Shocked Squad III and Poximullion, driving him closer to Brother Captain Justiniaus. The Assault Squad suffered terrible casualties from the continued onslaught from Faecal Dipterous, they broke and were run down as the Daemon Prince took to the air and gutted them all. Squad III were almost completely destroyed in one round of shooting as the Land Speeder, Dreadnought, Combat Squad 2B and the Devastators concentrated their fire mercilessly upon them. Only the Plague Champion remained standing after that fusillade. The Scouts and Squad VI continued bludgeoning each other, but the Scouts were losing too many Brothers.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd260/Lycandal_the_Fading/Nurgles%20Legion%20vs%20Ultramarines%201500%20points/Slide5.png

Turn 4.

Again, the Terminators and Dreadnought continued their relentless advance; Brother Captain Justiniaus readied Combat Squad 1B in preparation to face Poximullion. The Scouts finally fell, leaving 2 Plaguemarines guarding the Warpgate. The Devastator Squad failed to damage the Landraider. The Daemon Prince took to the air and emptied the remaining contents of his loathsome stomach over the Terminators, felling 2, before he charged into their midst despite the wound he had suffered from the Assault Marines. Squad I felled another Terminator with a Meltagun as they advanced from the Rhino in an attempt to stop the relentless advance of the Terminators. Poximullion also took the opportunity to charge into Brother Captain Justiniaus and Combat Squad 1A, slaying 4 Ultramarines with his devastatingly effective Plaguebringer. He was wounded in return but he continued to hold up the Loyalists. The Plague Champion from Squad III charged the Land Speeder and immobilised it with his Powerfist. The Landraider levelled its Lascannons against the Dreadnought and destroyed it. Squad II dismounted from their Rhino and advanced through the jungle, ready to support Poximullion.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd260/Lycandal_the_Fading/Nurgles%20Legion%20vs%20Ultramarines%201500%20points/Slide6.png

Turn 5.

The Sternguard Rhino moved to pick up Combat Squad 2B. The Terminators fought on, but fell below the Daemonic strength of Faecal Dipterous and Squad I who had advanced and thrown themselves into the melee. Squad I’s Rhino had attempted to advance into the thick jungle, but became entangled in the thick vegetation and would remain stuck there. Squad II’s Rhino smashed its way through the jungle, seeking an easier path along the riverbank. The immobilised Landspeeder killed the Plague Champion as he fell to the Heavy Bolter. As Squad II charged into the fray, Poximullion was wounded by Brother Captain Justiniaus and the Daemon in his Plaguebringer sensed his weakness and turned upon his master, sealing his fate to fall in battle upon the eve of victory. The Landraider commenced the job of cutting down the Devastator Squad, killing 3 Ultramarines.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd260/Lycandal_the_Fading/Nurgles%20Legion%20vs%20Ultramarines%201500%20points/Slide7.png

Turn 6.

The Devastators spotted the gravely wounded Daemon Prince and laid Faecal Dipterous with a Lascannon shot (the only effective shot it made during the battle!). He was avenged when the Landraider killed the last 2 Ultramarines of the Devastator Squad. Squad II’s Rhino Tank Shocked Combat Squad 1B and was almost on top of the Ultramarine supply depot. Squad II charged into Combat Squad 1B and killed them all after felling some of the Ultramarines with Meltaguns. Squad I charged the Sternguard Rhino with Combat Squad 2B on board, but they could not effectively damage it.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd260/Lycandal_the_Fading/Nurgles%20Legion%20vs%20Ultramarines%201500%20points/Slide8.png

Turn 7.

The Ultramarines conceded the battlefield, not wishing to take any further casualties.

The Ultramarines had 5 Brothers and a Rhino left, the Plaguemarines had 15 Plaguemarines, one Rhino and a Landraider as well as both Objectives.

• 2 months later...

Well the thing is with plauge marines a war of attrion is the big thing they can do. So breaking up into smaller forces makes them extremely tough to kill if you match it. The Ultra Marines should have cleared each unit off an objective at a time. Slower true but the end result is yuou bring more guns to bare which is what you eed to do. Shoot the plagues with more guns than normal. That is if you can't shoot them with enough things to take that feel no pain away.

I use to be a plauge marines user and used the Herald himself. Still Good battle report congrats on winning.

Archived