blood gorgons?

Henry Zou has some info on them in his Bastion Wars series, The Emperor's Mercy and Flesh and Iron, but it's looking like we're gonna have to be (im)patient and wait a month for Blood Gorgon to come out to really see what a full sized element of Blood Gorgons are like. TEM only had one Gorgon, and FAI only had a four man team, so we really haven't seen what they're capable of yet, or their complete belief structure. PM me, brother, and I'll drop you what info they have so far.

Here's the problem with that, bro. They're described as having armour of such a dark red, it appears almost black, and laquered...as in glossy. I don't think the Army Painter could do such a paint scheme justice.

I have both of Zou's novels - the second is best purely for

the Major with the Ork face tattooed over his own!

- but this is the first mention I've seen of the Gorgons anywhere.

So the question is, are they a recent creation or just another empty shell with only a name - until now.

So the question is, are they a recent creation or just another empty shell with only a name - until now.
They are not a new creation per se. A few of them feature in Zou's first novel. More feature in the 2nd, as well as their recruitment methods (which are quite cool). His 3rd book is out and I am currently reading it. Its pretty good so far. :)

They are not a new creation per se. A few of them feature in Zou's first novel. More feature in the 2nd, as well as their recruitment methods (which are quite cool). His 3rd book is out and I am currently reading it. Its pretty good so far. :)

I suppose I poorly phrased the question.. In terms of new creation I mean are they purely Zou's handiwork or did they feature in some piece of obscure GW fluff previously.. Also :evil stare: for having a book I don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Only just read this book, must say after Flesh and Iron i wasn't expecting much (it was horribly disappointing after the awesome of Emperor's mercy) but I was pleasently surprised.

Henry Zou writes Astartes much better than he writes Guard. I enjoyed all the characters, with Sabteh's scene's in particular impressing me. His is (I feel) the best description of a veteran astartes I've ever read, when he compares him to the younger bond brothers I was fully engrossed.

plus, three words.

Dancing Space Marine.

I love this book.

Darkchild

I have a related question: Do you need to read the other Bastion Wars novels before Blood Gorgons?

ME

Nope. :D

Personally i would read Emperor's mercy, skip Flesh and Iron and read Blood Gorgons. The middle book sucks hard.

Darkchild

Personally i would read Emperor's mercy, skip Flesh and Iron and read Blood Gorgons. The middle book sucks hard.

Darkchild

I'm shocked to hear so many people say that, actually. I really enjoyed Flesh and Iron, just as much as Emperor's Mercy. It had a real Apocalypse Now / Platoon feel to it, and it was fun to see loyalist turn to darkness, and the Imperium acting so sick and corrupt. On top of that, you get to see the unique way that Blood Gorgons deal with mortals that fight on their side. Huh. I guess it's all down to preference and taste....I liked the book though, and I'd suggest it.

Archived