Boosting Mind Worm

Jack Hitchcock

Today I was reading the wich hunters codex when I see the Purgatus psychic power (can reduce by 3 the leadership of an indipendent character), so I had an idea: use purgatus in combination with mind worm.

Generally an indipendent character has a leadership of 10 or 9, so mind worm is almost useless, but if his leadership is reduce by 3 (7 or 6) mind worm can has good possibilities to istant "kill" the enemy.

So I'm thinking about a unit made by Ezekiel, an inquisitor hereticus lord (only about 75 point) and some veterans (maybe with storm shields and power weapon).

What do you think about it?

It's too expensive to work when you need it. You'll have to get both zeke and the Inq within 18" of the enemy. Zeke's power counts as heavy weapon so you'll need two turns to set it up if your target doesn't come to you. all that just to kill an IC... plus it won't work on tyranids , wraitlords and some HQ because the Inq power will not affect the Ld of non Ind. characters.

If this is your grand plan, then you need to beef it up slightly.

Add in a Culexus assassin... For the soulless rule.

This increases the chance of making the permanent LD reduction stick, and gives a 2 foot walking bubble for zeke to target freely without the need to first zap with the =I= lord.

Also purgatus has a 24" range, not 18".

Divine pronouncement is also effective with this combo.

A unit affected by soulless has to pass an LD test on a 4 or less or fall back.

This is brutal if it is done on a back field unit that is close to the board edge.

*edit*

Thinking about it just a bit more forget purgatus and just go for divine and Culexus.

If this is your grand plan, then you need to beef it up slightly.

Add in a Culexus assassin... For the soulless rule.

This increases the chance of making the permanent LD reduction stick, and gives a 2 foot walking bubble for zeke to target freely without the need to first zap with the =I= lord.

Also purgatus has a 24" range, not 18".

Divine pronouncement is also effective with this combo.

A unit affected by soulless has to pass an LD test on a 4 or less or fall back.

This is brutal if it is done on a back field unit that is close to the board edge.

*edit*

Thinking about it just a bit more forget purgatus and just go for divine and Culexus.

Not a grand plan... I'm just searching to use in a userfull and unusual way Ezekiel, character that I love.

The Culexus-Mind Worm-Divine Pronouncement combination can be funny, but I think the Culexus is very limitated against an army without almost 2 psykers.

Archived