Hail, brothers.

Hello, brothers, I have come here seeking the advice and companionship of many fellow marines, after a pointless stint on another forum which will remain unnamed, despite it's foolishness. I'm located right on the shore of lake Simcoe in Ontario, Canada, and I am getting into the 40k tabletop game, but am unable to find a store or place or people to play with or even buy models from. When I said I was new, and requested advice on which chapter of marines or regiment of guard I should be using, (I prefer to use guerrilla warfare) I was greeted with a flame war about which factions are better, and the very purpose of my post was lost. I am playing on vassal atm, due to my inability to find stores or players, and to try my army before I buy it. I am torn between Steel legion and Catachan for guard, and Imperial fists or Ultramarines, and yes I would like to have two armies. I want to be able to play like the codex describes the faction's play style, but that is of no major concern to me, although I got flamed extremely hard and called a "Fluffmonger" O_o when I said this. Now, I'm not even exactly sure what that means, but I would like to play to win, but I also do not want to completely abolish the backstory of my army either. Anyways, any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance for any greeting and advice :( ~Jim

Welcome on board.

This a power armour forum only, so no guard advice.

As for buying models, its easy: internet.

However, finding real players might be harder...maybe checking out the north america subforum...

Yeah I should have known that I guess XD Well I was thinking a guerrilla warfare list, though I am keen to a good amount of space marine knowledge, I haven't found a chapter that more or less suits it. I chose the imp fists because of their colour scheme and ultramarines because of the movie :(

Archived