dread size question

jerryrich

How big is a dread base and how tall is a dread? im going to custom build a few for my chaos list (i know they are not great but i have a great idea for some conversions) out of the stuff i have on hand. I have a wood shop and some small sheet material and i dont want to buy a base when i can make one. thanks for any responces

How big is a dread base and how tall is a dread? im going to custom build a few for my chaos list (i know they are not great but i have a great idea for some conversions) out of the stuff i have on hand. I have a wood shop and some small sheet material and i dont want to buy a base when i can make one. thanks for any responces

Dread is on a 60mm diameter base.

Don't have one to hand for the height, though...

The old metal chaos dread on a standard closed base(not the sculpted dread one, mind you) is 6cm to the shoulders, or 2 1/4th inches. I measure the base(GW standard dread sized base) at 65mm(2 1/2 in), 60mm(2 3/6th in) at the top of of the taper and 4mm high(about 3/16ths). The venerable plastic kit I have lying about on a sculpted GW dread base is a good half inch taller(er...cm or so?).

Archived