Old Paint Find

Hi guys,

I was digging around some old stuff I found still at my parents house and came across the old Lizardman Paint set (just the warammer paint set thingy). Can't find any of the models, but to my surprise there was still paint and TWO different types of paint brush in it!! Woo hoo.

So I found a fine detail and normal brush, which wont really go wrong, anything I can do to bring them back to their best? (just they've been sitting in a box for almost what 8 years now.)

Secondly, the paints are also a bit funny, they smell alright, if smell can be gone on? but they have kind of congealed into a weord blob, they were lying on their sides. Is there any way to resurrect the paints? there still squishy, i thought maybe some water and a good shake?

Anyways suggestions are greatly welcomed??

Thanks

Brother Mitch

if they are a liquidy blob, water should bring them back from the edge, you could always try a paint thinner as well (get one from a hobby shop). And a bit of advice, after putting the water (or thinner) in, grab a small bit of either junk plastic sprue, or prefferably a bit of metal sprue (like the tab off the bottom of a etal model, or a tab of any piece, and chuck that in the pot, it helps break up the blob of paint when you shake it.

Thank you brothers for your kind replies.

Seeing as there are multiple pots of paint, I might try using all of the different techniques.

Btw, Carmine_the_Wolf, how exactly did you find out saliva works? Just spitting in your paint pots one day?? :tu:

Anyways, I will try to bring them back to some semblance of order, otherwise I will have to go buy more paint! :(

Brother Mitch

Btw, Carmine_the_Wolf, how exactly did you find out saliva works? Just spitting in your paint pots one day?? :o

I gobbed into an ancient pot of Deadly Nightshade to bring it back from the dead...worked pretty well...guerilla paint techniques are the way to go.

Archived