Astral Claws - anyone out there ?

Looking good Coopervisor :cuss I do like your Seth conversion, any chance of any close-up shots of him?

Ludovic

Thanks.

Not much of a conversion on Seth, I just loved the pose and look of him, so just removed the fleshtearer icons... again my painting isn't very good, but I'm hoping to get some more practice with the rest of my marines before I attempt Huron..

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/angelofrage/IMG_20110320_221117.jpg

I've got my first troops done to a table top standard (a few things need finishing, like grass on the bases, transfers, barrels, etc) and Huron.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/angelofrage/IMG_20110329_185407.jpg

My attention is now turning towards how I can represent Corien Sumatris and his bodyguard (FW Mark IV or V marines with lion themed storm shields...)

• 1 month later...

Yep as of reading IA9 and 10 I was swung over to Huron's side. So far i've got:

Huron

Terminators

2 Tacticals with Rhino

Sniper scouts

Thunderfire

Dreadnought

Attack Bike

Just waiting for FW to release some Tyrant legion decals!. I'll try post some pics soon.

2011 FW catologue has Astral Claws decal sheet so will likely be announced soon.

That's good to know. Don't suppose they're a mix of both Astral Claws logos and Tyrants Legion icons are they?

2011 FW catologue has Astral Claws decal sheet so will likely be announced soon.

That's good to know. Don't suppose they're a mix of both Astral Claws logos and Tyrants Legion icons are they?

It's hard to be sure as the picture is small but it does look to have some large vehicle sized Tyrants Legion icons. The smaller marine sized decals are too small to make out any details at all but I'd expect them to there. I'm kind of suprised the decal sheet is not up on the FW site yet even as a 'coming soon' item...

I painted a few of the Astral Claws awhile back for the heck of it but I have decided to make a full army out of them. I really started to like the Astral Claws unique units and their background that led up to the Badab War. So to start, a rough List:

-HQ-

Captain

Master of the Forge

-Elites-

Sternguard

Sternguard

Sternguard

-Heavy-

Dreadnought (MotF rule)

Dreadnought (MotF rule)

Predator

-Troops-

Combat sqd

Combat sqd

I do not play much or make many lists but made this based on minis that I have on hand that will be repainted in the Tyrant's color. So I am unsure of the Pros and Cons of such a force. My idea with going dominantly sternguard (if this is allowed) is to make a force that can be used offensively and defensively. So either a steady advance where I hope to gun suckers down or essentially "camp" in cover and dare my opponent to come into range with overlapping gunfire. I have also though of replacing the Sternguard with Vanguard to represent a Retaliator force or just use regular assault marines for this as well. I do not have IA9 or IA10 so I would like to ask if anyone knows of a good industrial/urban conflict that occurred during the Badab War? I would like to give some fluff to them.

I do have a small bit of fluff regarding the Leader of this force and a Centurion for the Tyrant's Legion if I ever build up a human army. So if anyone would like to give it a look over let me know. :P *If anyone does I'll post it in the Librarium section and link it here.

and proof that there is some substance to this Army,

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/rongboy/P1010542.jpg

Many of the marines will be 'recycled' veterans. My only concern will be making some good looking Sternguard with the plastic kits.

So advice and suggestions are most welcomed, I could use all the help I can get.

Good news fellow Astral Claws, the pads and doors are up on the FW website. Link is in the news forum :lol:

Interesting that it's the Tyrant's Legion iconography and so shows them at the height of the rebellion.

I've ordered a set of both TDA and PA sets, to use on my veterans/terminators. My regular guys will get the transfers when they make an appearance.

• 1 month later...

Whats bugging me is I just started a BT army but after looking at some of the forgeworld models and the paints schemes i now want Astral Claws. Are there any special rules or anything for these guys or is it just C:SM?

Looking forward to seeing more of your models mate.

Edited by Reeeen0690

Whats bugging me is I just started a BT army but after looking at some of the forgeworld models and the paints schemes i now want Astral Claws. Are there any special rules or anything for these guys or is it just C:SM?

Looking forward to seeing more of your models mate.

There is a handful of special characters in Imperial Armour 9 to be used with C:SM. There is also the Tyrant's list in there which is kinda a mix of astral claws and imperial guard.

Other than that it's C:SM, although I've also used C:BA to represent my force.

I've been plotting my conversion of the Star Phantoms special character from Badab War vol. 10, and I'm certain that some of the bits of melta-scorched flesh on his base will be from Luft Huron's powerclaw, so does that count as including an Astral Claws mini?

Hehe. Just kidding. More seriously though, they've got great fluff and fun--and the AC list from vol. 9 is pretty nasty. Mixing marines and guard can make a pretty heavy shooting force. Good luck with the project!

Cheers.

• 9 months later...

yeah another Astral Claw collector here

have a few units going atm and putting together some bikes...

still cant decide on what list to use IA or C/SM

post some pics later when i'm happy with them lol

I put some serious thought into starting a claws force. Post badab war conflict they seemed to optimise the imperial totalitarianism to an Extreme degree. The whole good guys but bad guy kinda thing. Although huron was an egotistical lunatic you can't help but feel for him a little.

Not only that but thanks to the imperial armour books they have their own unit choices and great special characters. Not just that but the tyrant looks like he'd be a beast on the table top.

But I fell in love with the Minotaurs and with the release of the great forge world moloc and ivanus as well as imperial armour 12 going to include them it was a no brainer really.

• 3 weeks later...