The Stranger

Captain Juan Juarez

This is some fiction to go alonsgide an Index Astartes I'm currently working on in the Liber Astartes.

I was intending to wait until the IA was finished, but I thought "What the Hell!" and so here we are...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The blood of ages.

You can see it, the dark and faded stains, if you look closely enough and watched as the light caught just right.

But the boys eyes are not for seeing what is around him, concerned only with the sight of his prey as he turns another corner, straying ever closer to the resting place of their Lords. With a flick of his wrist the stone blade, one every Denorian son is taught to fashion and wield by the age of six, slips from its wrist sheath and into his waiting palm.

"If you kill him, I will end you," says a deep and sonorous voice, the power behind it reinforced by the softness with which the words are spoken. "We are all Sons," the black robed Marine says as he steps from the shadows, the only colour about him the single yellow band at his throat. "We are not Kyton, we do not steal what is not ours to take, we do not claim the Chain of any man who is not our enemy. If you kill him, I will end you."

The boy listens, the stone blade still held at his side, speaking up only as his watcher means to leave, "He is a son, but not a Son. He is a bully, a thief and a coward."

The Marine turns, the sound of his robe cutting through the air the only sound as eyes grey and unyielding focus with deadly intent. "We are all bullies and thieves, taking in the name of the Emperor. Kill him then, if he offends your pride so, but I will come for you. We are all Sons and we suffer the betrayer not."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

More to come, but I've lost the thread of my thoughts with the addition of pizza to the equation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived