Forgeworld Maximus legs vs. Regular Plastic Armor

I want to buy the set of these:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...MUS-ARMOUR.html

I am building some special characters and I want them to look unique, but not completely archaic; and I like the look of angular kneepads. However, I will be using plastic torsos, and I'm concerned.

Forgeworld models are often more delicate than plastic models, size-wise. This wasn't the case with Sevrin Loth's honor guard (torsos and shoulderpads were just the right size to coexist with plastic), but I'm not so sure about the Maximus armor. I don't want my special characters looking like cartoony barrel-chested strongmen on thin legs that are ready to snap under the weight of the body.

Does anyone have experience of mixing the plastic torsos with FW legs?

I mix 'em a lot, and I've never had too much a problem. Only thing to remember is that the Mk. IV Maximus plate was more form fitting and high tech than any other suit prior to it's development and afterwards, due to the general decline of technology in the Imperium. The legs will look a little thin, but it is how it's supposed to look. Honest. :rolleyes: Another option is to take the marine with Mk. IV legs from the AoBR box, and cut the buggers legs off. Worked pretty well for me

gallery_37532_5399_3062886.png

Fella on the far right...hope this helps.

Archived